What do I do?!? Too much food!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sstanle4

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 4 year old neice decided she would feed my fish while I was at the doctor. She dumped over half a cup of fish flakes into my 14 gallon biocube. I got all out that I could with a tea strainer (the tea strainer couldn't get the really small pieces so there's still quite a bit at the bottom.) I did a 3 gallon PWC. Is there anything else I need to do? I'll check the parameters when everything settles.

Parameters are pH 7.8. Ammonia about 1.5. Nitrite 0. And nitrate 0. Just did another water change (2 gallons) and buffered the water. What else should I do?

sstanle4 said:
My 4 year old neice decided she would feed my fish while I was at the doctor. She dumped over half a cup of fish flakes into my 14 gallon biocube. I got all out that I could with a tea strainer (the tea strainer couldn't get the really small pieces so there's still quite a bit at the bottom.) I did a 3 gallon PWC. Is there anything else I need to do? I'll check the parameters when everything settles.

To get the smaller particles I would lay some filter floss on the strainer and dump the water through that

Back
Top Bottom