What would you put in a 5g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MCluett

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey all my 5g is now up and running and i have just a few frags in there right now but i would like to put something else in there, but i cant decide what. so i am going to see what you all think. i am open to any siggestions fish, inverts, more corals just what ever you think would make for an interesting tank.

only one fish. a clown goby of some sort would be nice. maybe 2 sexy shrimp or a fire shrimp. some snails and some hermits.

Well the rule of thumb s one inch of fish per two gallons, I would go with maybe one False Perc, three hermits and maybe one (two at max) fire shrimp

GOOD LUCK!!!

i wouldnt go with a clownfish if i were u, they are fairly active swimmers and need some space to swim. but clown gobies on the other hand, arent too active.

no i am not going to put a clown in there i already have one in my 30g, i am really looking for something a bit different. i am thinking about getting a mated pair of coral banded shrimp, but i am still uncertain

no i am not going to put a clown in there i already have one in my 30g, i am really looking for something a bit different. i am thinking about getting a mated pair of coral banded shrimp, but i am still uncertain

Even for a mated pair that would be cramped space for them. I would stick with smaller shrimp.

The clown goby would be nice in the tank and if you have enough light you could have some nice soft corals. I like the idea of the sexy shrimp they are small and very interesting.

The rule of thumb is 1 inch of fish for every 5 gallons. That rule is outdated anyway because it basically depends on the fish. My opinion would be to have an invert tank. IMO 5 gallons is pretty rough for a fish. I guess if you had one that basically stayed in the same place and was not a swimmer then I guess it would be OK.

Back
Top Bottom