When to add fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarred Darque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK, I am about to test my params for the first time since moving over tho the 10 gallon.

I plan on getting more live rock, I have 9 lbs, gonna get probably 9 more, and a slightly larger cleaning crew...more snails basically.

If my params test 0,0,and a few nitrates..or none, can I pick up a yellow clown goby for the tank tomorrow after I do a PWC?

That sounds reasonable. What specifically are your nitrAtes? How do you plan on acclimating him?

I personally would wait especially if adding more live rock as there could be a bit of a cycle from die off. Also with the clown gobies being so small they may not do well with a cycle ...JMHHO

I had 0 die off with my first batch of liverock, and I am getting the new liverock from the same place, fully cured.

I still need to test the tank :p

But I have a container set aside for drip acclimating fishes, and some airline tubing I have been running saltwater though ot get rid of any trace checmicals or anything

Back
Top Bottom