1/2" mantis shrimp a danger to my new yellow tang?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I"m picking up a 2" or so yellow tang tomorrow at my LFS and will be putting it in my Q tank, however I still have two 1/2" mantis shrimp in there, I dont' think they will cause a problem to the fish but what do you guys think?

hmmm my inital instinct is that that will not be a good idea that being said you my want to wait till the experts chime in... I am no expert by any means..

Doan

I'll probably just put the yellow tang or Mantis shrimp somewhere else, I guess I really should break up the mantis shrimp as well before one kills the other one.

I"m picking up a 2" or so yellow tang tomorrow at my LFS and will be putting it in my Q tank, however I still have two 1/2" mantis shrimp in there, I dont' think they will cause a problem to the fish but what do you guys think
I dont think that you should have a problem with doing this unless the fish is sleeping on the bottom.. Still I find it hard to imagine a Mantis Killing a yellow tang.. My 1" mantis was pretty friendly and barely went after the crabs in my tank.. I think the Mantis would be more afraid of the Tang than anything...

HTH<
James

That's kind what I"m thinking, I have a tiny hermit that was banished to this tank and they don't even mess with that... but then again my luck is not so good when it comes to what is "supposed" to happen :wink:

Back
Top Bottom