10 gallon stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOMA

Aquarium Advice Addict
i am thinking of upgrading my 2 gallon to a 10 gallon. what would my stocking ideas be? i want really colorful fish! and i will eventually add corals so the fish must be reef safe.

thanks,
joma

really colorful for a 10 gallon...hmmm..all i can think of would be a yellow clown goby, clown fish, or firefish, thats all i can really think of right now haha.

I like them too but they are best kept alone because they tend to be agressive towards other tankmates

Midas blennys work in 30 gals! Plus didn't you just have thread about this?

i wont be able to upgrade for about a month and i will probably do a clownfish or 2 with a yellow clown gobby

3 fish in a 10 gallon tank is a little over stocked 1 fish would probably be the best route

If you do go with the 10 gallon I would do 1 clownfish, 2 hemits, and 1 sand sifting snail that's what I would do.... Are you going for a nano reef feel?

Watts per gallon is useless for reefs. It's about PAR. Since that's not a really readily available measurement, try googling your lighting and seeing what people have had success keeping.

I personally think you should save up for a better light and not waste the money on the CFs. They're not that strong and for a bit of extra money you could be keeping some lower light SPS near the top of the tank with a T5HO fixture

but how much would the better hood cost me? the PC would cost about $30, i still have to save for a car too so i cant be spending hundreds of dollars

If you're willing to find another way to mount it (can be hung or sat on a glass top, or some people rig new legs), the 18" Nova Extreme fixture is ~$60 and apparently supports LPS and some SPS. That's the only relatively cheap t5ho fixture I've seen (I've been looking for my upcoming tank). The next one up that will fit will run probably around $100.

Back
Top Bottom