135g Stock Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterNuB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 135g reef tank. I'm tossing around ideas for a couple more fish. I have a 40g sump, refugium, octopus skimmer, and a reactor. My current stock is. My tank has been up and running for a little over a year. The largest fish is my yellow tang (3" or so)

2 o.clowns 2 chromies Anthias
Bicolor Angel 6 ln wrasse Pink spot goby
Lawnmower Yellow tang Kole tang
Orange S tang

I also have a cuc. I'm wanting to get 1-2 more tang, and maybe a pair of skunk clowns. Thoughts? Thanks for reading.

I wouldn't get clowns or tangs. Some fire fish or jawfish would be nice. Keep an eye on those tangs

I have a 135g reef tank. I'm tossing around ideas for a couple more fish. I have a 40g sump, refugium, octopus skimmer, and a reactor. My current stock is. My tank has been up and running for a little over a year. The largest fish is my yellow tang (3" or so)

2 o.clowns 2 chromies Anthias
Bicolor Angel 6 ln wrasse Pink spot goby
Lawnmower Yellow tang Kole tang
Orange S tang

I also have a cuc. I'm wanting to get 1-2 more tang, and maybe a pair of skunk clowns. Thoughts? Thanks for reading.

Tangs get territorial and aggressive. If you're going to want more than one they all have to be introduced at the same time to try to avoid these issues, same with wrasses and angelfish. Clowns are tricky, like most damsels. Personally, I like to steer clear of anything other than ocellaris clowns or the percula clowns. The others are just plain mean. You should look into something like a black and white heni. Or maybe a copper banded butterfly fish. They're a little more sensitive and the copper banded butterfly is kind of hard to get to eat. But they're all really cool fish.

Also, I agree about the firefish. In a tank that size you could get an orange firefish and maybe a purple firefish. (Added at the same time to avoid aggression.) you could also add something like a school of bar gobies.

Flowing. Because I will be starting my stocking for my recent 135g build.

Any pics? I'm hoping more people chime in. Think I'm going to get 3 ban goby this week.

I have a build page. Right now I am trying to get my hands on at least another 100lbs of rock. They its all fine tuning with the sump and ato with my reef keeper.

I have a build page. Right now I am trying to get my hands on at least another 100lbs of rock. They its all fine tuning with the sump and ato with my reef keeper.

Craigslist is the best place for us hobbyist. I picked up 165lbs for $80. I have to cute it, but I wasn't about to pass up that deal.

i'd look at a foxface and or orange back fairy wrasse. also hows your pod population could look into a mandarin

i'd look at a foxface and or orange back fairy wrasse. also hows your pod population could look into a mandarin

I want a foxface, but It seems like I already have so much yellow. I've had a mandarin, but my 6 line was terrorizing him. I had to re home him. You think the fairy wrasse would be ok with the 6 line?

Sorry didn't see the 6 line no that would be an issue I'd imagine

I want a foxface, but It seems like I already have so much yellow. I've had a mandarin, but my 6 line was terrorizing him. I had to re home him. You think the fairy wrasse would be ok with the 6 line?

The 6-line might be a problem when adding anything. I definitely wouldn't add another wrasse. It's been debated whether blue jaw triggerfish are reef safe or not. You could always give that a shot. Lamarck angels are also great fish, but you'd have to worry about aggression with your bicolor angel.

That's a good looking clown. Most skunks I have seen that have "sideburns" on their face are pink skunk clowns. If you look at your pic your clown has it. I am referring to the white line on his head/face. Orange clowns will have the white line on their spine only. But your clowns is as orange as they come. Very interesting.
That is interesting, mine are huge. I wasn't expecting then to be this big. This morning I notice 1 of them hosting a spot in the sand...? I have a gbta but they haven't really gone near it.

The 6-line might be a problem when adding anything. I definitely wouldn't add another wrasse. It's been debated whether blue jaw triggerfish are reef safe or not. You could always give that a shot. Lamarck angels are also great fish, but you'd have to worry about aggression with your bicolor angel.

Bluejaw are reef safe I had one in my reef didn't bite a thing

I do like the blue jaw. I just added 5 chromies, 2 of which are swimming at top of tank, I'm wondering if I should out them in sump for a while. Think they're a little scared of everything else in the tank.

That is interesting, mine are huge. I wasn't expecting then to be this big. This morning I notice 1 of them hosting a spot in the sand...? I have a gbta but they haven't really gone near it.
Yours could very well be Nigripes Clownfish from Maldives. I am 99.9% positive that it is.

Back
Top Bottom