20 Long Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well good news today! I got my bowfront sold today! A state farm agent bought it today for their reception area. Now I have a nice empty space in my living room. What's better is its right between the two seats I use consistently. Even better yet is the wife is saying she is not sure a 20 long will fill in the space to her satisfaction. So I am now working my magic, aka begging with all my might and promising many pairs of shoes, for a larger tank.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120620_221403.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120620_221403.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 136
Well good news today! I got my bowfront sold today! A state farm agent bought it today for their reception area. Now I have a nice empty space in my living room. What's better is its right between the two seats I use consistently. Even better yet is the wife is saying she is not sure a 20 long will fill in the space to her satisfaction. So I am now working my magic, aka begging with all my might and promising many pairs of shoes, for a larger tank.

Nice! have you decided what size tank to ask\beg for yet!? :brows:

AquaRick said:
That's a nice size. Big enough for a dwarf angel if you go that route

I have a planted 40 breeder now and I love it. The dimensions were great.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120621_112447.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120621_112447.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 131
spoonman said:
Looks to me like a 4' 75 gallon would fit there. Just sayin'........

It totally would fit there. I have, unknown to my wife of course, scooted the furniture down some to make more room for a larger tank :)
Still reviewing my budget though. Holding out on all other supplies in hopes of 4th of July sales.

Small update. After talking with my wife, reviewing my budget, and considering how I want the tank to turn out, I decided to stick with the 20 long. Waiting for the $1 a gallon sale to buy that. Bought 2x4s yesterday. Going to start the stand build soon. Going to the bank later today to deposit the money I got from selling my tank. Then tonight ordering my light and some other supplies.

Going to order my light fixture later today. I just want to get some final thoughts before I do. I almost ordered a DIY led kit from aquastyleonline.com. However, I am not a huge fan of the reflections led's throw into the tank. I am going to get the 30" Fishneedit fixture (4 bulb) with 2 10k and 2 actinics. I just want to make sure this is not to much light since the tank is only 12" deep. Thoughts?

That light will be fine. So are you starting out with the 20L then getting a 40g at the petco 1$/G sale? Sorry bit confused.

Hey Rhino,man, that's the one thing I miss, not having my halides anymore, is the glitter lines.
That will be quite a bit of light if it's only 12" deep, but not too much. You may have to position any soft corals in dimmer areas ( mushrooms), but it should be fine.

AquaRick said:
That light will be fine. So are you starting out with the 20L then getting a 40g at the petco 1$/G sale? Sorry bit confused.

I am just going to stick with the 20 long for now. May upgrade in a year or two once I see how it goes.

Flreefer said:
Hey Rhino,man, that's the one thing I miss, not having my halides anymore, is the glitter lines.
That will be quite a bit of light if it's only 12" deep, but not too much. You may have to position any soft corals in dimmer areas ( mushrooms), but it should be fine.

What if I just raised the fixture a little

Back
Top Bottom