3 dead over night emergency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MoM0

Aquarium Advice Regular
One of my puffers my anenome and my shrimp seem to be dead my last water change was a month ago ammonia is fine nitrite is fine ph is fine .... maybe its nitrate but I did a big water change a month ago scary very scary

Dead puffer and or anemone can nuke your tank. Remove immediately and start doing water changes.

One of my puffers my anenome and my shrimp seem to be dead my last water change was a month ago ammonia is fine nitrite is fine ph is fine .... maybe its nitrate but I did a big water change a month ago scary very scary

If its been a month since your last WC I'd do a large change. And test you water. Post your test results and all tank equipment info.

So what is your nitrate level?

Often a dying nem can nuke a tank with toxins. Do LARGE water changes and try running some carbon on the tank.

Also, especilly if you are keeping sensitive species like anemone or corals you really really need to be testing more frequently and changing water out weekly.

Back
Top Bottom