36 gallon bow front

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tipton34

Aquarium Advice Freak
Howdy, I have a 36 gallon bow front with about 50 pounds of rock. A coral beauty, two small tomato clowns, and 3 damsels. I have a 10 watt 14000 k and 20 watt Actinic led floodlight. I will be moving so I'm planning on getting rid of the damsels. What are some good suggestions? They need to be coral friendly since I have some dragon eye polyps and plan on getting more once I purchase a protein skimmer

Ya I would love a tang. I was thinking a yellow tang or something with bright colors. I know they would eventually grow out of the tank but I'll be graduated from college in a year and plan on upgrading. I would like to have a couple of smaller fish such as a Goby, Wrasse, Anthias. But I want a fish that stands out. I haven't decided any specific species I'm just getting ideas.

Also, what corals would Yall suggest? I don't really know how to tell if their is enough watts per gallon with these leds. I've read somewhere that some had about the same wattage of floodlights and didn't have a problem with any corals

If you plan on upgrading there's no reason why you can have a baby? It will take a couple years for them to grow up

Also, what corals would Yall suggest? I don't really know how to tell if their is enough watts per gallon with these leds. I've read somewhere that some had about the same wattage of floodlights and didn't have a problem with any corals

Lighting? Your way off, you will need more, way more at least 100 watts for your coral

I may get one then! I guess that really opens a lot of doors

Even leds? Everything I've read says that since they are larger leds instead of 1 watt lights a piece I don't need as much.

I scooter Blenny would be awesome however since I don't have a refugees will one be able to survive on the pods in the tank. Last time I checked they were everywhere but I didn't know since I didn't have a refugium

I wouldnt get a dragonet unless you are very very sure it is going to eat prepared foods. IS your tank somewhat new? Tanks tend to have varied amounts of pods during the first 6-12 months and I woudlnt count on the pods you have now being enough.

I wouldnt get a dragonet unless you are very very sure it is going to eat prepared foods. IS your tank somewhat new? Tanks tend to have varied amounts of pods during the first 6-12 months and I woudlnt count on the pods you have now being enough.

Yeah I know I sent the posts to the wrong form I'm sorry

Back
Top Bottom