37g coral lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say give it a try. Not much to lose and they are pretty cheap corals so if they work out maybe you can add a leather or more shrooms.

Ok thanks carey ill try it cnt w8 for christmas "santa"(my parents) are giving me the money to convert to a sw,just like last year they gave me the money to start the fw but its not as cool as sw at all so im gunna give it a try, ive been doin research for 10 months now and found this site about 8 months ago and u guys have been gr8!

Glad youre getting to do what you want! Xmas is only a few months away too. Not like it's march or anything. lol Hoep you will make a build thread so we can see what you do.

Yah i gotta find a way to upload pics cuz i really wanna do a build thread after this much planning and w8tin lol

That's a standard fluorescent bulb on a pretty deep tank. (I have a 37 also.) I'm not sure abou thte mushrooms or GSP unless you can get them pretty much all the way to the top. The other problem with a 37 is that you're pretty much stuck with 24" bulbs in a 30" wide tank, so there's 3" on either side of the tank that isn't getting much light.

Coralife makes a two bulb standard wattage T5 fixture which would be a huge step up for not very much money. I picked one up in Virginia Beach for about $30 to replace a single bulb HO strip I took off my 20L freshwater to supplement the 150 HQI on my 37. (The metal halides alone were too white, plus I wanted to supplement on the deep tank.)

This is the fixture I got:
Aquarium Lighting Fixture Coralife Aqualight T5 Dual Linear Strip Fixture, 2X14 Watt, 24 inch
Here's the 30" version:
Aquarium Lighting Fixture Coralife Aqualight T5 Dual Linear Strip Fixture, 2X18 Watt, 30 inch

If you go this route and go with the 24", be sure to put it over glass (which you should do anyway). The expandable legs are flimsy.

This is the website for the store where I bought mine:
Pet Supplies, Pet Supply, Pet Dog, Dog Supplies, Pet Products, cat supplies, fish supplies, dog food, cat food, pet dog, Care A Lot Pet Supply

I looked and could not find it in their catalog, but it might be worth a phone call if it can save you some cash.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom