a list of fish, i need some help with

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e-cat

Aquarium Advice Addict
well i have no plan in diving right into my salt tank , and im doing things step by step, so i wrote down a list of fish that i like and im wondering if any one could tell me if there reef safe and if they will fit in a 70 gal. i know that they all cant go in there but im wondering what will and what too stay away from, also can you let me know if they like groups and how many. heres the fish i like so far,
green/blue cromis
percula clowns
powder blue surgeon
flame angle
royal gramma
mandarin fish
fire fish
yellow tangs

Well they are all ecceptable, but the yellow tang, powder blue, and flame angel may nip at polyps if not fed properly.

Royal Grammas can be kept in groups

Chromis need groups to flourish.

Percula keep either single or in pairs.

The other fish in your list because fighting is likely to occur.

hi e are you planning a fish only or a reef? imo if it is to be a fish only the flame, yellow tang, gramma, and clowns would make good tank mates. the powder blue i would shy away from have heard they are difficult to keep. fire fish are great but they have to be in a very peaceful tank that would leave out pretty much the rest of your list...i have been looking into the beautiful mandarin fish and will probably eliminate it because of it's dietary needs...good luck and happy shopping :!:

its going too be a reef, i also had just read more about the mandarin fish and think that ill get one if my tank permits it a long time from now. realy nice looking fish , i wish it was easyer too care for.

how about a coral beauty?
how would 12 or so green blue cromis and 2 false percula clowns and a coral beauty and a couple royal grammas, would that be over crowded in a 70gal? are those fish also fine with cleaner shrimp and sifter star fish?

as long as we are shopping look into the midas blenny or one of the other ones or a gobie those fish have great personality and are fun to watch!!! as far as color look up a fil flasher wrasse wow...do not know about the beauty i have seen a pic on here it is a beautiful fish maybe they can tell you their experiences...and as far as i know all that you have mentioned would be fine with the cleaner..hope someone else can pitch in with more experience..hope that helped some...

well looking at the blennys and gobies just made my stocking ideas harder, its so hard too choose! im just writing lists of fish untill i find all copatable fishes that will be fine in a reef and my tank and make sure i never do any impulse buying.

Back
Top Bottom