about clownfishh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ektorgt

Aquarium Advice Regular
today i went to my lfs and i wanted to get a false percula clownfish...
they didnt have any so i bought a maroon clownfish...
its kindof big... its about 2 inches...
my question is... is there gonna be a problem if i want to add a percula clownfishh maybe next week???????
because ive heard this fish are territorial but i have a 75 gal tank so i dont know...
thanks for the help.....

I'm not real sure but I don't think it would work cause tomato's are aggressive anyways...Not real sure never had a clownfish but I have heard that they cannot mix unless they are a mated pair.

I agree. It's usually not best to keep two different species of clowns together. They can become very agressive towards each other. However, people do keep them together in large tanks without issues...but I think a 75 is probably too small.

Why couldn't you have just waited a week to get what you really wanted?

I'm not real sure but I don't think it would work cause tomato's are aggressive anyways

A maroon clown and a tomato clown are not the same. Maroons are much more aggressive.

To answer your question, ,if I were you, I would stick with just the maroon now, or else, take it back for store credit. The maroon is pretty good size, which means it will probably be pretty aggressive. You may haave been able to pull it off if the maroon was really small. The other option is, of course, get the other fish and see what happens. The tank is decent sized and if there is a good bit of rockwork, it may be ok.

Back
Top Bottom