about to frag toadstool leather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The leather is going to get angry when you frag it. Very angry. ;)
I'd suggest getting a big bowl of tank water and fragging the leather in the bowl rather than in the tank. It's going to release some slimy mucus looking stuff when you cut it and you don't want that in your tank. An exacto knife might be better- you want to make the cut as clean as possible.

OK well first off never cut away the stalk. Just take a little of the edge of the top. :D Good luck. Google 'Fragging Toadstool Coral' as well for more tips.

The leather is going to get angry when you frag it. Very angry. ;)
I'd suggest getting a big bowl of tank water and fragging the leather in the bowl rather than in the tank. It's going to release some slimy mucus looking stuff when you cut it and you don't want that in your tank. An exacto knife might be better- you want to make the cut as clean as possible.

You can also us a new single edged razor blade. I would also take it out of the water, that is the only part of the video that I didn't like. They do release some nasty stuff.

I agree with taking it out of the tank. It will be OK out on the table for 15 to 20 minutes. Dont cut it in the tank. I frag my thin finger leather and it was pretty easy.

Back
Top Bottom