Adding a new fish ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mgnum21

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was considering adding a Flame Angel to a 30 gallon tank with 25lbs of live rock. I currently have a Saddleback Clown, Fire Goby and a Bangaii Cardinal. The tank has been up and running for nine months and the live rock is doing well because that will be important for the Flame's constant grazing. Would this addition be overcrowding my tank or is it in my limits?

Thanks

I don't think it would be overcrowding but I do think you need to increase your amount of LR before purchasing one. It really is essential to them doing well.

You should have a qt tank for any fish, but especially a flame. I had a bad experience with one and a qt would have saved me alot of headache.

Go for it, just follow the above advise and make sure it is eating before you take it home.
Good luck!!

hi

I am new at all of this and you look like you know what you are doing..I just started a sw aq. and my hydrometer says that it is perfect. I put two damsels, 1 striped and 1 yellow tailed blue damsel. They were doing really well, I've had them for 2 days, and this morning when I got up they were both dead. :( The only thing that I can figure is that I scraped some of the salt that was on the outside of my filter into the aquarium on accident. Could that have killed them?

thanks,
michelle

ShortyBluee1005 said:

I am new at all of this and you look like you know what you are doing..I just started a sw aq. and my hydrometer says that it is perfect. I put two damsels, 1 striped and 1 yellow tailed blue damsel. They were doing really well, I've had them for 2 days, and this morning when I got up they were both dead. :( The only thing that I can figure is that I scraped some of the salt that was on the outside of my filter into the aquarium on accident. Could that have killed them?

thanks,
michelle
How long has the tank been setup for, and what are the water parameters? If it's very new then it's more than likely they died due to high levels of ammonia/nitrite. Try reading this article on Fishless Cycling.

Back
Top Bottom