Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-16-2005, 09:23 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks for your opinions guys but the LFS guy talked me out of it saying he would kill my puffer but if the puffer ever goes a trigger will definately be the next fish in the tank

Old 07-17-2005, 11:38 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

IMO the LFS is wrong.. I have a DF puffer and a BT trigger and they were fine together. In a 200 gal tank there is more then enough room for a puffer and a trigger... Not sure where the LFS is getting his info...
A picasso or clown trigger when they get large may be aggressive but the others would be fine.
Good luck with what ever you choose...

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 02:13 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

I agree, many people keep triggers and puffers together, just stay away from the aggressive triggers like Clown, Queen, Rectangular, Blueline and so on...
But you can get one of the more docile triggers & some of those are even slow growers.

Kaye
Old 07-17-2005, 03:48 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to ogden10
Point in fact I had a VERY large queen trigger. He was so aggressive I named him Mr. Stophales. (he was the devil). He literally ate his way through my tank, in the process killing a Niger Trigger, a Lunare Wrasse (a long time inhabitant and aggressive to boot), 2 lookdowns (that were in the tank for a total of 20 minutes while I was working on another tank. In fact the only thing he did not kill was my eel, a yellow tang (go figure), and my porcupine puffer. The point is if there was ever a trigger that was going to kill a puffer... Mr. Stophales was the one, and he did not kill him. I did see him go after the puffer once, but he simply puffed up and sat there looking at him, like bring it on dude.

Also my Niger and Puffer had been together for over a year with no problems. I would suggest a Huma, or a Rectangularis, or Niger, as they are all pretty mellow and should be fine.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:59 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Queen Triggers are very aggressive, there should be Warning Signs on their tanks at LFS. LOL

Kaye
Old 07-24-2005, 04:15 PM   #16

Try the humu-humu (picaso). Very beautiful also. And they are more peaceful than clowns.

I haven't had any experiences with undulated triggers or Niger triggers. I'd love to buy a Niger trigger, now that someone mentioned its beauty with moon lighting. But since my tank is overstocked as it is, I am going through "let's buy another fish" addiction Rehab. :P

however, I do suggest the humu-humu trigger.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:56 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to StripesTheEel
ive had experience with undulates.. NASTY!!!

he killed 1 lunare wrasse, 1 volitan lion and 1 zebra moray (i miss her)

little SOB!!!
StripesTheEel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:27 PM   #18

Wow! I am sorry about that

I especially feel bad for the moray eel. Thanks for sharing the experience.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:02 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Regular

i have a niger hes the greatest fish ever gets along great with any all my tangs and my puffer and eels.. and they are beautiful under blue lighting...they get way better with age...other than that i would recommend the pinktail...also medium agressive...after that the bluethroat
Old 08-28-2005, 10:02 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

HI guys just wanted to let you know that i ended up getting a Niger Trigger,and so far after 4 days he is fitting in just perfect.

In my area the only triggers usually available are the picasso and once in a while a clown,so when i saw this pet store had 4 Niger triggers i couldn't resist

thanks for the suggestions

Tags
trigger

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com