Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-15-2003, 11:44 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Adding detrivore kit...

Hey guys,

Quick question on how to add a detrivore kit. I will be adding the Inland Aquatic kit (http://www.inlandaquatics.com/prod/prod_detrit.html) to my 40 gallon tank. What is the best way to add the kit, though? Do I do a drip acclimation just like one would do fish? If so, how will I net out all the tiny animals?

I know I should never add shipping water to the tank water, but how else am I supposed to add these animals? It also is coming with 6 miniature brittle stars. I think I remember reading that stars are not supposed to be exposed to air. This correct?

Old 09-15-2003, 12:23 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to sumphead
inland aquatics has acclimation instruction on the website, but I agree it doesn't account for not adding the water that will come in the bags. I never knew they were that close to me, I will drive out to their store this Thursay and check things out. I'll let you know what I think of the store. All in all in doesn't sound like a bad deal other than the price.

Old 09-15-2003, 12:51 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey reefnewb,

Yeah their acclimation instruction's are not that good. It looks like from their instructions, I would add the shipping water. Something one should never do...

I'll give them a call and see what they have to say.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:06 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to sumphead
I called too and asked them about the intank fuge. I'll add the reply to the thread i started about the in-tank fuge. Seemed like a nice knowlegable person. BTW I miss Panama City. I was stationed at Rucker a few years ago and spent all my time there. Lots of pretty FREE white sand. SHhhhh. :P

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com