Ai sol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robbiesamp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Who knows anything about these lights
I hear there good but what makes them better than others out there

The AI Sols are some of the top of the line LEDs out there. I don't own them personally, but run Ecotech Radions above my reef tank. There are several back and forths that I have read regarding both of these lights. From what it looks like to me, is just like the Apple vs Windows... people love the one they run and don't like the other. Read up as much as you can on LED lighting, as there are several units out there that will do the job.

The AI Sols are reportedly quite programable, though I'm not sure how this is achieved as I don't run these units but believe it to have a built in controller. During my original reading, there were some that stated these lights had penetration issues...which was one of the deciding factors that went towards me getting the Radions. In hindsight with how powerful the Radions are, this should not be an issue on any tank.

These lights are Bentley's of LED reef lighting. The price has come down some to my knowledge putting them in competition with the cheaper Chinese knockoff LEDs like the Taotronics that people have been utilizing instead due to the price.

This is as much as I can offer, and hopefully someone who uses them will chime in. Those in the forum that use them love them, you won't hear anything negative about them.

I just got the Vegas from Aqua Illuminations. They aren't cheap but I'll tell you what, they are the best darn investment I have made on my tank. The amount of color control that you have is incredible. I only keep fish, but I wanted to display them as best I could and reduce the energy costs. My tank went from cool to Holy Crap those are some colorful fish. Even my wife was thrilled when I hooked them up last week. She usually ignores my tank but complains at the money I spend. This time around, she actually looks at the fish and for some reason, I think that the fish are also notably "happier" because of the perceived natural sunlight that the Vegas can mimick. You have complete control so it gives hommage to your over-lord tendencies as well. Muahhhahhhhahhha

And to directly answer your question, I think it's the quality that makes them better than most. The materials + fit and finish are top notch. They are modular, so they can be added and changed with time. Most systems cannot be modified or expanded on. And an added bonus is that they are a company based in the USA. So you actually get product support. Good luck having China get back to you with Taotronics.

Ok what is the difference between the deep blue and the other lights

Back
Top Bottom