Aiptasia...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmb4516

Aquarium Advice Regular
How can I get rid of this stuff... I don't have clue how it got in my tank, the Liverock I purchased was from a LFS that had it sitting for over a month. I put the liverock in when I first set up my tank in December and this stuff first showed up about three weeks ago. For the past two weeks my sister has been taking care of my tank for me while I was out of town. (Thankfully no casualties) but in the two weeks I've been gone this stuff has spread like crab grass... Whats the best (or safest, or easiest) way to get rid of it?

It's not your sister's fault, btw. Use Joe's Juice. Whatever you do, don't pull it out, you'll triple the population.

I have 2 chocolate chip starfish in a 26 gal. One of them ate all the aiptasia in the tank. So their seem to be natural predators, peppermint shrimp are also known to eat it.

Go with 2-3 peppermint shrimp for the small ones (make sure you get peps and not camels). For the larger sized aips, nuke 'em with Joe's Juice.

Back
Top Bottom