Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

epaz

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys I recently replaced my coralife T5's with LEDS and now I'm pretty bad algae outbreak in my tank. Just on the walls though any advice on how to combat this?

Is it because the LEDs have a wider spread and the light is now hitting the glass directly?
I would just say to scrape the glass as needed. I clean my glass daily.

I got these off ebay mr_X these were recommended by yourself and yes they have the wide angle lens' this algae is a pain to scrape man its some tough stuff could my params be bad to cause the algae my trates are kinda high and it's only on the sides.

That might be part of it, but some tanks just get algae on the glass more than others. 3 of my 5 I have to scrape daily or every other day and the other 2 maybe twice a month. If you don't have a mag cleaner, an old credit/gift card works great to clean stubborn algae off the glass

I got these off ebay mr_X these were recommended by yourself and yes they have the wide angle lens' this algae is a pain to scrape man its some tough stuff could my params be bad to cause the algae my trates are kinda high and it's only on the sides.
It's because the light is hitting the glass now. Mine is the same way. When I had the T5 fixture over it I rarely had to clean the glass. I would reduce nitrates though. It would be a help for sure.

Thanks guys I wish my tank wasn't so deep though I almost have to go for a swim to get the very bottom and mines acrylic not glass so I gotta be careful what I use as I have scratched it a couple times

Back
Top Bottom