Alk dosage problems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
I guys! I have found that my all goes down roughly i point per day. So, i have my alk buffer and add 1tsp per day dissolved in half a cup of tank water. Problem is, whenever i do this, all corals close! And my anenome REALLY hates it. Any ideas what i can do?

Any other info needed, please ask. Not sure what other info might help

Gboy66 said:
I guys! I have found that my all goes down roughly i point per day. So, i have my alk buffer and add 1tsp per day dissolved in half a cup of tank water. Problem is, whenever i do this, all corals close! And my anenome REALLY hates it. Any ideas what i can do?

Try dissolving longr and just pour it in lil at a time in sump

Gboy66 said:

Oh and dissolve it in ro water itll disolve waaayy better

danbstrong said:
Oh and dissolve it in ro water itll disolve waaayy better

Cool! I dont have a sump...but maybe a back chamber..? Should i dose less? I havent dose the last couple days because of this!

You definitely want to dissolve it in freshwater, not saltwater. By dumping that much baking soda in saltwater you are forcing it to precipitate. I bet the solution looks like milk. When you dump that in, it doesn't totally dissolve so you are not getting the full benefit of what you are intending.

When you say 1 point, it that 1 dKH or 1 meq/l? There is a huge difference.

ccCapt said:
You definitely want to dissolve it in freshwater, not saltwater. By dumping that much baking soda in saltwater you are forcing it to precipitate. I bet the solution looks like milk. When you dump that in, it doesn't totally dissolve so you are not getting the full benefit of what you are intending.

When you say 1 point, it that 1 dKH or 1 meq/l? There is a huge difference.

If your doin sps then yes thats normal i was dosing 2-part alk and cal daily finally i gave up and bought a calcium reactor

Hey guys. Im meaning 1dkh...and ok! Sweet. Ill dissolve the stuff in rodi. Should use more water too? Like a full cup?

Back
Top Bottom