Amount of fish in 75g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbagg2001

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
im planning on getting a 75 gallon SW tank for christmas and was told by the lfs that if we do a live rock tank or reef tank we cant have very many fish, i knew this was true with the reef tank but does having life rock severely decrease the ammount of fish i can have? and about how much livestock can i get in a 75 gal?
:?:

Unless you have an over abundance of LR, it will not really detract from available fish space. The only constradiction would be if housing large fish that need a fair amount of manuvering room like Volatians. If anything, the LR will actaully help support the fish load better than just an FO.

The general rule of thumb is 1" of fish for every 5 gal of tank less the tail. There is a <<calculator>> on the forum that may help in future. For a 75 gal you are looking at about 15" of "tailess" fish...

This is not a hard and fast rule. It will also depend on the species. Whether they be benthic, aggressive, heavy waste producers or over active swimmers.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom