anemone for nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelpie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm planning to set up a 7 gallon nanoreef. I want to keep corals, and a couple of clown fish in the main tank. I would also like to keep a small relatively stationary anemone that the clown fish would like. I've considered the bubble tip anemone but I think it may be too large. I considered the tulip anemone but I'm not sure that clown fish like them. Does anyone have any suggestions for me about this? Moreover I will have 32 Watts of power compact lighting. I wonder if this will be sufficient for the anemones. Perhaps I should just forget about the anemones?

Personally I would forget about the anenome at first. Expecially since they are not exactly stationary until they finda place they like. When I got my bubble tip it moved around the tank for 1/2 of a day until it settled into its home.

If you do go for one try to find one that has been tank propogated. Thease would have a much greater survival rate for captavity.

I know someone in waynsburo that has some tank propogated bubble tips. In fact thsts where I got mine. His username here is normd. He is also a member of the SVA regional forum.

Thanks

I think I will postpone the anmeone and instead of getting the preferred clowns, settle for two green striped golby or two cardinal fish. About how large do bubbletips grow?

I was planning on procuring all tank propogated and no wild caught stock for enviornmental concerns.

Back
Top Bottom