anemone help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You stocked a nem too quick. Your tank parameters are not stable. Also what kind of lighting do you have on the 90? Nems in pristine water condition and high lighting, never need fed. Mu oldest nem is 7 years old and maybe gets a silver side once a month. High nitrates and maybe not enough lighting let your nem hang on for 6 months but they cant live in less than ideal water conditions long. Glad your other corals are doing good but that means nothing, corals/fish/animals all have different requirements. Just because 1 coral is doing good doesn't mean your tank is capable of supporting all corals.

Lights are led

What kind of led lights? Not all are the same. What kind of anemone?

6 months is ok to add an anemone....as long as the parameters are good which doesn't seem to be the case since you're at 40 trates.

What kind of led lights? Not all are the same. What kind of anemone?

6 months is ok to add an anemone....as long as the parameters are good which doesn't seem to be the case since you're at 40 trates.

There are 3 marine land hidden led's with super white,& blues. Also marine t5. I fed it last night and this morning it looked almost "normal" again. So aside from the trates being too high maybe it needs to eat more frequent.

How many watts on the led? How many T5 bulbs? Odds are those lights aren't strong enough if they're from marineland.

If anything, feeding the anemone will cause it to stress. Anemones don't need to be fed and shouldn't be fed often ime/imo.

@AquaRick
Why does feeding an Anemone cause it stress?? never heard of that before. And they eat actual little critters in the wild in addition to the food it gets from photosynthesis. Are you talking about a specific species or all?

I have an LTA and LiveAquaria says "The diet should include small pieces of fish or mussel, crustaceans, and frozen foods." and it won't be getting it naturally in my tank unless it starts eating my fish.

Ok, here's my lighting 3X led's 1X fluorescent and also the anemone that I don't know which type

image-1145972544.jpg

image-578423702.jpg

image-2453853081.jpg

image-2280107504.jpg

image-24727694.jpg

Like I said in an earlier post its looking much better today

@AquaRick
Why does feeding an Anemone cause it stress?? never heard of that before. And they eat actual little critters in the wild in addition to the food it gets from photosynthesis. Are you talking about a specific species or all?

I have an LTA and LiveAquaria says "The diet should include small pieces of fish or mussel, crustaceans, and frozen foods." and it won't be getting it naturally in my tank unless it starts eating my fish.

Anemone's weren't made to constantly eat large pieces of fish/shrimp. It's the exception rather than the rule. This is true of all anemones. They stress themselves out when they turn themselves inside out to expel the organic matter after ingesting. They don't grow any faster when "eating" food as opposed to just taking up the available light.

In regards to LA, they aren't always correct. They really should change the verbiage to say "Their diet may include....". Either way, anemone's shouldn't be fed constantly.

Ok, here's my lighting 3X led's 1X fluorescent and also the anemone that I don't know which type

Like I said in an earlier post its looking much better today

Unfortuantely those .06w LEDs aren't going to cut it. Those are basically moonlights. You need a good 3W per LED to sustain an anemone.

The anemone you have is a Ritteri (H.Magnifica) which require absolutely pristine water conditions. They are one of the hardest if not the hardest anemones to care for in an aquarium. They need trates well below 2ppm, and almost undetectable phosphates.

Unfortunately your anemone will not survive in your tank as it is. I would return it to your LFS for credit as soon as possible.

Anemone's weren't made to constantly eat large pieces of fish/shrimp. It's the exception rather than the rule. This is true of all anemones. They stress themselves out when they turn themselves inside out to expel the organic matter after ingesting. They don't grow any faster when "eating" food as opposed to just taking up the available light.

In regards to LA, they aren't always correct. They really should change the verbiage to say "Their diet may include....". Either way, anemone's shouldn't be fed constantly.

I see what your saying. I agree w/ "large" & "constantly" though they are relative terms. Do you recommend any articles?

Ok, I'm going to look into better lighting. I'm sure the forums are flooded here for led vs. halide. So maybe doing a 30% water change vs. 10% weekly will help with the trates problem?

Would either of these be suitable for an anemone?

Dimensions - 47.75” x 5.00” x 1.00”
Brackets add 0.65" in height
Includes 174 LEDs
900 Lumen
Super energy efficient .06 watt LEDs
162x 10000K LEDs
12x Actinic 460nm LEDs
Uses 11 watts
Slim and contemporary light design
2 mode on / off function for day and night use
Extendable bracket - 48"-52" max extend
Splash guard