Another Aqua c remora question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rsquared333

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is the reccomended aqua c skimmer that I could get for a 46 gal bf with a 20-30 gal sump/fuge? I have been recomended to get the aqua c remora pro or urchin pro but I was wondering if i could use the regular aqua c remora or urchin with the mj 1200 (save me 60-100 dollars). I see a lot of people have the remora with the mj 1200 on bigger tanks than mine (according to their signature). I was wondering if people were recomending the pro because in case i get a bigger tank i wouldn't have to upgrade skimmer or if i would make that significant of a difference to have the pro instead of the regular aqua c.

I'm not trying to be cheap but any savings in this hobby be helpful. I won't sacrafice the health of the tank though and if the pro would make a significant difference I would glady shell out the extra cash to have things done right. I've just been number chrunching and found this loophole, maybe. thanks in advance.

I agree with Darin. The standard Remora should be sufficient for a 46 gal. I'd recommend it up to a 55 gal. A 75 gal FOWLR with a light to medium bioload will do fine with a Remora. Anything larger or a reef larger than 55 gal needs the Pro IMO.

I have same size display and sump and use the standard aqua c remora with mj1200 and it is working very well and very quiet. Shop around and even look on ebay and you'll save even more.

sorry it took so long to reply (school and work). Thank you very much for your input. I am glad I can go with the regular remora that will save some money I can put into live rock. does anyone use the optional skimmer box? does it make a big difference?

Back
Top Bottom