Another flood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
My skimmer finally broke in so I Changed my AquamedicTurboflotorMulti spacer to the shorter one. Yet I totally overlooked the fact that I needed to switch to 0-ring to the new spacer. So today I arrived from work and about 20% of the tank volume ended up on the diningroom floor leaking from the skimmer because of the missing O-ring. Its a good thing my floor needs replaced anyway. On top of that I don't have any saltwater mixed up. So tonight after I soak up the puddle in my diningroom I will be mixing a batch of saltwater to use for tommorrow. For now I just lowered my powerheads and heater and am not using the skimmer until I fill my tank. At least I wont have to do my PWC this week always look on the bright side right. Don't need advice I know what to do just thought I would share my story. I will never forget to replace the O-ring on my skimmer ever again thats for sure.

I mixed up my saltwater and finally got to my first free t-shirt in my reefcrystals bucket. Actually A decent looking shirt I would wear too bad its too small for me.

Last edited:
Yikes!

Good luck cleaning it all up and everything!

Good thing you're good at looking on the bridge side of things.

Oh man! That's a very hard lesson learned. FWIW I kinda had the same attitude when my dishwasher leaked all over the place....great opportunity to get new flooring....just a heck of a way to go about it.

If you were a couple of hundred miles closer, I'd offer to come over and help!

Sorry to hear about it.

Figiwigi, sorry to hear this. I hope you got it cleaned up ok and the fish were ok. That's pretty cool to get a T-shirt.

Figiwigi, sorry to hear this. I hope you got it cleaned up ok and the fish were ok. That's pretty cool to get a T-shirt.
Yeah no big deal lesson learned fish are fine tank is fine. Floor not so fine. Hopefully I will get all the kinks worked out and learn all of my lessons before I Re-do my kitchen floor this summer. I am thinking of maybe doing tile flooring something thats a little less absorbent and repels water Maybe with a drain and I could just squeeqie the water into the drain next time
(LOL)

Back
Top Bottom