anyone ever wire a square pin PC ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kidkameleon3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a workhorse seven and think I have it figured out , but the square pin socket has got me stuck at the moment. DOnt know if I need to connect some pins to each other etc... any help is appreciated

thanks,
Jake

well that is what the cls hood i just took apart had. there was 4 red wires and one yellow one i think. and all 4 of the red wires whent to 2 of the red wires on the 4 pin socket. and the 1 yellow one went to the 2 blue wires. hope this helps a little.oh and the black wire gose to the black wire on the power and the white gose to the white wire on the power. and if you want to put in a switch for the light you put that on the black wire going to the ballest. hope this helps some. i will try to get some pic of the wireing but it will be very hard to do soo. in the next week i have to take the hood down and fix some stuff so i can get some pics then. but that will not before about a week +.

well it helps and it doesn't. My sockets dont have wires,it only has the socket.The wires from the ballast connect to the socket.It has a input for each pin on the bulb.I jsut dont know what pins get what wires.You figured they would have it labeled on the socket.

my pc has the same config. and all the bulbs came on no matter which orientation the bulbs were. hth

Hehe, when I did mine I found that I could light the bulbs by only connecting 1 wire :) It would ground simply from static it seems. I have the straight configuration, and haven't used the squares. I'd imagine they are the same except for the shape of the connector. Anyway, the pins are set up in pairs. Each pin is directly connected to the 2nd one. If you test with a multimeter, you'll find there is no resistance between the connected pins. All it takes is hooking the yellow wire to either pin of 1 pair, and the red to either pin of the 2nd pair.

hth

well that gives me some hope. I'll check the resistance etc.. when I get home and try again.Thanks for the tips

well it turned out we were all right. As I tried and tried today after work , the classic dawned on me.Wonder if it is the bulb, sure enough it was. I called the guys and we are in worls to get it fixed.

Guess well see how A to T lights holds up

thnaks for all the help

Back
Top Bottom