Anyone with bow front finding it difficult to clean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TygGer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone with bow front finding it difficult to clean? Was wondering if the curvature makes it difficult, if not impossible to use a algae scrapper to clean.

I only use it for FW, and it's pretty easy. I've heard not to use it for SW for that reason and for flow reasons.

I don't have a problem, I use a mag float or a razor when I'm cleaning. You can't use the razor up and down but side to side works fine.

I use a stainless steel kent pro scraper on mine, along with the magfloat. Works great.

I use a mag float or a razor when I'm cleaning. You can't use the razor up and down but side to side works fine.

thak's my take. Thougt I was the only one using a razor to clean my glass. :roll:

same here, my 175 has no flow issues at all...but I do use a spraybar

No flow issues on my 72g, but it's barebottom and runs about 2000gph through it.

I have a 72 gal. BF and find it easy to clean. I just the old fashion method of stucking my arm in the tank and scrubbing with a dish sponge for the front. Seems to work fine.

mag-float (small one) and a razor is all i use. the mag float dose a great job of getting the finger print off and some of the daily algae and the razor is good for the coraline and hard to get spots.

Back
Top Bottom