Apastatia and Peppermint Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I couldn't tell what anything was in that pic. Wait to get them like said. The aptasia will spread a little more, but you'll have some food for your peps when you do get them

Kill the aptasia yourself. No need to add fish or shrimp. If you have no livestock, you can remove the rock and scrape it off, burn it with a lighter, pour boiling water on it, cover it with kalkwasser.....

Kill the aptasia yourself. No need to add fish or shrimp. If you have no livestock, you can remove the rock and scrape it off, burn it with a lighter, pour boiling water on it, cover it with kalkwasser.....

Mr. X, I have a tank full of livestock. There is a mushroom but 2 inches away from one of its tentacles.

Oh. Then use some kalkwasser. Mix it up in a thick paste, turn off all pumps. use a syringe (less the steel tip) and squirt some in the center of the anemome. When it shrivels up, cover the rest with more kalk.
i've used peppermint shrimp with success, but it's not a 100% effective solution, like kalkwasser (used correctly) is.

Oh. Then use some kalkwasser. Mix it up in a thick paste, turn off all pumps. use a syringe (less the steel tip) and squirt some in the center of the anemome. When it shrivels up, cover the rest with more kalk.
i've used peppermint shrimp with success, but it's not a 100% effective solution, like kalkwasser (used correctly) is.

How much money are we talking about?

I use Aptasia X, it's about $10-15 at the LFS. It comes with the syringe and needles, everything you need, in the box. It's quick and easy and I've successfully killed about 5 Aptasia so far.

Aptasia-x I believe IS kalkwasser. That will work the same if you don't feel like running around collecting kalk and syringes.

+1 Aptasia X will work. Cover that bad boy good!! And you'll never see it again. I had a stubborn one that kept coming back but I eventually got it lol. A few bottles but I got it.

Also your absolutely going to want to turn all the pumps off. Just like said before shoot it with the syringe like your feeding it, once it retracts cover that sucker and say bye bye bye...

Good luck!

+1 on kalkwasser. I used it on some majano nems i had that my proven aiptasia eating pep shrimp would not touch. They never came back.

Back
Top Bottom