Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-20-2004, 02:34 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak

i'll let you know soon!

swissfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 04:23 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Freak

OK Guys the UPS man came to my door and handed over the peace of question.

I unpacked it and did the parts count. Everything is here and also the color is right.

usually I don't read instructions but this time I did it, so I don't mislead you guys:

All there is is a paper reads following: A:Please tear the protect film of the transparent lamella and the glisten sheet before the lamp to work.

B:When you want to insert the transparent lamella into the lamp, take the transparent lamella and push it through the hole one one end of the lamp, in the same time press the transparent lamella gently on "A" point. That will help you more easily to insert the transparent lamella in the lamp.

(no i diden't make typos )

There is also a picture with those instructions and if you have more than one brain cell you know what to do. If you read the instructions first ,you might be confused at this point.

Here is my translation:
A:Remove the protective film from the reflector and Splash Guard.
B:If you use the Splash guard, push it through the slot and bend it a little bit in order to get it in.

There is also a electrical diagram wich will be from further assistance later on.

I started disassembling the fixture and here are my findings:

The Casing material is of good quality and is probably Industry standard

The blasts don't have any markings on them, the Tag is riped of and only residue is visible. No judgement possible, looks just like a ballast.

The wiring looks al right. The heat insolation tubes wich protect the wires from the ballast heat could be a little longer but they will do the job as they are.

The sockets are loose and the bulbs and sockets are held in place by clips and are secured with rubber bands. Good enough.

After removing the protective foil from the reflector ( I would take it out of the light go get all of it removed) I was shocked that I could barely see my own reflection in it. This reflector is terrible, I'm not sure i could shave myself with that thing.

There is only one cable going to the light and there are two switches on top of it. That means you can't hook the antics and the 1000k's to sperate timers to simulate sunrise and sunset. But in about 5min, $5 of parts and some thinking you'll have two plugs wired for that light.

The light bulbs seemed to be ok, but one of the antics was a hint lighter and was glowing green for a little bit after i switched it of.

My verdict:

If you are handy and willing to replace the reflector and wire in the second plug, you'll have a good light for a very good price.
There is now way for me to judge the light bulbs, all I can say my tank looks great with the jebo light on it.

I will measure current and post it here as soon as i have some free time at work.

Old 12-23-2004, 09:06 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Great info Swiss

www.panhandlereefers.com

Join N. Florida Regional Forum
GrndHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 09:27 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Freak

i have read all these threads and wanted to chime in and say i have purchased aquatraders the 48" light and jebo skimmer....i am very happy with both items.....i had an issue with ups as they were not nice to this package...and they could of packed it better...anyways 2 busted bulbs....so it goes.....lights been on for 16 months....replaced the bulbs the other day....skimmer has been running for 1 month and i am getting great results from this unit....despite all the negatives...there are definaltly some positives and a great way to get started...i do however once my house is complete plan on a complete upgrade of equipment, but plan on using the current equipment on a fuge

doug
Old 12-23-2004, 03:51 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak

I agree with sirfishmaster.

Good way to get stearted.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com