Frogs at night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishcake123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good Morning Group, I have kept tropical and cold water fish for about 15 years and yesterday decided to add to my fish world by purchasing 4 African Dwart Frogs. Tank all been set up weeks ago so in go frogs. I downloaded as much info as I could find but I have come unstuck with what the frogs need for light, if any, at night time. All my other tanks get their lights turned off but I picked up a post that said they should have some form of night light? Any other information available out there would be appreciated. I am just about to get them their live meal worms, crickets etc. Many thanks all and have a good day. fishcake123:fish2:

Help advice

The frogs have settled in and I have brought their meal worms etc today. I still am not sure about the lighting situation for night handling. Last night I turned off the tank light and put a small reading lamp by the side of them.
I have also read that you only feed frogs 4 or 5 times a week! is this correct?
Thank you and you all have a good weekend. Carol Cain fishcake123

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

They don't need light at night. Just turn the tank lights off like you do with the fish.

I'm not sure if you have the frogs in their own tank or mixed with fish, but frogs should not be kept with fish because if the fish get sick, any medications used to treat the fish will normally kill the frogs.

Back
Top Bottom