Are hippo and regal Tangs the same?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daylilly

Aquarium Advice Activist
Are hippo and regal Tangs the same?

My hippo tang when the lights are out he lays down side ways near the front end of the aquarium. It's like he's snuggling up in the corner. Is he ok? Do I need to make a cave there for him? Can anyone tell me about this behaviour and if anything should be done? He's about 1 and a half inch big.. Not even...

when i bought my regal tang from the lfs he was doing this and i asked the bloke n he sed its a normal thing. so i bought him and when i got him home he was fine he has found himself a littel cave and that where he goes into whenever i turn the light sout but i have never had any prolems with him yet. i am sure he will be fine however i am not an expert so if i am wrong please someone correct me. :D

My hippo tang lays on his side inside the corals... I always find myself staring at him to see if he is even still alive... Then i see his eyes move looking at me... They do have strange behavior, after a few weeks in my tank he became more active less hiding but at night he still lays on his side in the coral... Guess it normal... Just make sure you have plenty of coral for him to hide in so he doesnt get stressed out and susceptable to ich

Back
Top Bottom