bad news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alrmc4

Aquarium Advice Addict
just when i thought things were rebounding from the vacation tank disaster that cost us 1 fish 1 shrimp and 4 corals noticed the mushroom was looking poorly last couple of days this is what i found. think it is the culprit so what do i do about them? shoot no pic will try again.

I don't think that one flatworm is causing the shroom distress. Maybe if it were covered up with them. I've always heard that a 6-line wrasse would eat them...never tried it though. If you're having a bloom of flatworms, there is a reason. Have you checked all the water parameters lately?

I have a 6 line, and was told it would mess with my corals....I haven't witnessed this. I have witnessed it becoming fat, eating pods, bristle worms, etc... It is a fatty... :lol:

If you have a flat worm infestation....there is a product by salifert called flat worm exit that has been used with success.

thank you all have not run the tests since we got home but will try to run them tonight and get back to you...do know lost power while we were gone..all the clocks had to be reset and had unseasonably warm weather tank was in the 90's lost a lot and things that were left took a few days and water changes to come back...i know that there is more than 1 flat worm counted about 6 on the shroom do not know if you would consider that an infestation...lor

ok results of the test kits i have:temp-80,cal 480,ph-8.4,nitrite-0,nitrate about .5ppm hope that give some chemist a clue tia...lor

Usually an infestation of flatworms is when there are so many of them that they cover the rock and corals to the extent that they aren't getting enough light. I have them in all my tanks and I have seen as many as 20-30 at one time, but never any more than that. I just leave them alone...they don't seem to bother anything. Has the shroom started to recover or is it still not looking good?

thanks again it is still looking just as unhappy :? not 2 keen on the idea of using a chemical in the tank i worry that anything that would take out a flat worm could take out my pods as well and beautiful(yep the 6 year old named him) would suffer.glad to know that 6 is ok going to keep watching can you just pick them off the coral?

Probably, if you can get hold of them. If you tear one in half, then you have two 8O . You might siphon some of them out when you do a water change. Have you tried moving the shroom? Maybe into less light? Or even more light if it's shaded where it is now?
Did you check your alkalinity?

hey was just going over the posts with my hubby and he tumbled to the fact that it started looking this way right after he moved a rock that redirected the current...starting to feel abit better about this and as for the alk that is the next test kit on my list going to the lfs tomorrow think i will get him to test that for me...thank you so much for your info!!!!

Back
Top Bottom