best hob skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russ_gibbo1985

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys I've just bought a juwel vision 180 litre 3ft bow front tank to be set up as a marine tank. It has come with a prizm skimmer and all I seem to see are bad reviews on it.
Just looking to see what you guys think the best hob skimmer for this tank would be.
Been looking at the deltec mce300 they seem pretty efficient??

The deltecs are good skimmers but in my opinion EXTREMELY overpriced. There are other options that are less $$ and can work the same if not better.

How much room do you have for the skimmer? Does the skimmer have to hang on back of the tank or is there a compartment for it? I used a remora hang on skimmer for my 29g and 55g tank and was very pleased with it. :)

Here is a great site with the skimmer information and dimensions

Protein Skimmer, Protein Skimmers - AquaCave.com

Hey carey hope all is well.
There is no weir section on the back so has to be a hob type. Is the mce300 a good skimmer? Are there any other options you would suggest, as i said the tank is 180 litres 3ft long.

I use the aqua euro aebh100 and it works great. Got it on amazon for $149. Its the same thing as the reef octopus hob just different pump. Very quite and easy to maintain.

Another option as far as a hang on back is the reef octopus brand. ALOT of people use them and rave. Great performance and a good price as well. I have an octopus in sump, it is well made and works ok in my opinion but I'm in the minority when it comes to that.

I'd check them both out and see which fits your budget and which has the best bang for your buck.

I really like the design of the Reef Octopus BH-90. Many of the features you'd expect in larger in sump skimmers, plus the pump is external to the tank.

Lol Steg ur ab idiot!!!
I really like the reef octopus stuff its quite a struggle finding a supplier i. The uk too!
I think i may go round the deltec my lfs does quite a lot of business with them and i have quite a rapport with him, he can do me the mce300 at pretty much the same price as the octopus equivalent. The write ups on the deltec seem pretty positive too!

Back
Top Bottom