Best t5 bulb for led coral supplementation??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

needmorecowbell

Aquarium Advice Addict
As the title says, what would be best? I have the dimmable 120w Chinese fixture. I can only do one bulb, I have mostly sps, and I have a 30 gallon tank. The reason this is possible is because I have a canopy.

needmorecowbell said:
As the title says, what would be best? I have the dimmable 120w Chinese fixture. I can only do one bulb, I have mostly sps, and I have a 30 gallon tank. The reason this is possible is because I have a canopy.

Your post is a little vague actually. So this one bulb is supplementing 120w of leds? What color are the leds? How much blue vs. white?

If you have plenty of blue and white, you may want to look into ATI Purple bulbs. They will really make colors pop. This would probably be the route i would go as 120w for a 30g os already a lot so i doubt you need anymore blue or white.

Yeah, sorry it was too late at night to right a book lol. The diodes are 3w, but run at 2w, which is what most companies do to prolong life. It is half royal blue and half cool white. One t5 bulb is all I can fit in my canopy so yes, it will be the only thing supplementing it. Im hoping that I can keep it on for about 4 hours a day so I can keep them longer without replacing bulbs. Heres the spectroscopy of the ati purple, and one of the Fiji purple, which is what I'd probably want, but ive heard reviews of the fiji browning corals.

Attachments

• image-3221670995.jpg
    image-3221670995.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 61
  • image-3433498569.jpg
    image-3433498569.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom