black onyx percula clownfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blondek727

Aquarium Advice Activist
iv been trying to find some were online that sells onyx perculas but there hard to find anyone know were to get some. i would like it to be wysiwyg but anything will do also if anyone breeds these clowns on this site i would love to get them from u thanks alot

Attachments

• OnyxPercula.jpg
    OnyxPercula.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 168
Rod Buehler of Rod's Food bred them for a long time. Not sure if he still does. Any large clown breeder will probably have something close. Check with your LFS, they might be able to order some.

jimbo7 do u know how i can contact Rod? and mdanial2882 i sent doni's reef a email hopefully they will get back soon. oh and i went to the 2 LFS in my town and know one knows what im even talking about when i tell them im looking for onyx clownfish there like never herd of it. and get this i live like 10 mins from ORA the biggest clownfish breeder in the world i think and one of my friends works there and they dont even have any lol. i only need one i already have a female my male decided to jump out of the tank when i was on vacation. but when i get the male im gonna start breeding and selling to people cuz its just so hard to find them

rbuehler@rods-reef.com

I actually contacted him after I saw this thread. I have been trying to decide which clown morph I wanted, totally forgot about onyx till I saw this.
Where did you get you first one from?
I'll let you know if I hear anything, he is local to me so I may know someone who can get in touch with him more personally then email. I'll let you know.

thanks alot jimbo7 the first pair i got from one of the LFS in my area but they were selling them as true perculas but they are def onyx. so when i went to that same place to see if they could get me some new ones they had know idea what i was talking about im like i got them from u before but o well anyways thanks alot keep me updated

i just got an email from doni's reef they dont have any. but they told me to check with bluezooaquatics. im guessing its a dotcom but ill let u know in a sec

bluezooaquatics doesn't have any on there site but i emailed them to see if they will be getting any in soon.

I actually found a local breeder with a pair of spawning Rod's onyx. She is raising the first hatch right now and on day 15? i think and the second hatch should have come last night or the night before. I'm waiting on an update from her, I'll let you know what I find.

rod doesn't have them either only reefhotspot.com there wild caught and imported from indonesia. iv read reviews on this site and all is good.

well i bit the bullet today and ordered 3 onyx percula clownfish from reefhotspot.com they will be here on tuesday so ill give u an update then but please still let me know if u get some from the breeder near u id love to see them when u do

just a thought, how cool would a black onyx/Picasso hybrid be. I am torn between the two. Donni has some fantastic picassos. but the black onyx is so great. this is the dream...black onyx and a picasso mated pair attached to a rose bubble tip nem.

oh and my onyx pair should be here soon the guy from reefhotspot.com called and told me he had a wild caught pair of onyx clowns a 3in female with lots of black and a juv male he said the male hasn't gotten all his black yet but should color in over time so ill post some pic when they arrive but i still need a male for my current onyx

well here they are tell me what u think

Attachments

• IMG_2691.jpg
    IMG_2691.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_2692.jpg
    IMG_2692.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 198
Back
Top Bottom