Blue Throat Trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mannydouhnut

Aquarium Advice Activist
So got this absolutely gorgeous fish from a friend who got him when he was no more than 2" long now hes a good 6.5" long my friend had him in a 40 breeder while I was house sitting the fish kept jumping out of the tank. I told my friend he said it had been going on for the past few weeks I offered to take him home my friend agreed for $25 bucks and for this beauty it was well worth it. Now for my question he's in a 75 reef not causing any trouble just like in my friends 40 mixed reef. Most places say you can keep thes in 75s the only two that don't are live aquaria and thatfishplace and they say they need 125 I moved out quite a bit of live rock so he has quite a bit of swimming room but what do think.

Thanks I agree he's absolutely stunning and all his color came back since he came out of that 40 he used to have none of that blue or yellow he used to look female.

$25? What a steal! You should be fine in a 75 as long as there are no other aggressive fish in there. They seem to like swimming space and rock shelves & caves. Enjoy.

I know I was so happy when he said I could take it for $25 he stunning in person.

Wow...good deal! That is one of my next fish if I can find one around here. I believe they are supposed to be the most reef safe (and least aggressive) of the triggers. I had one years ago in a 90 FOWLR and it was fine. Really cool personality once they adjust to the new tank. It's the only fish I have had that I want to get again. Enjoy!

I guess you know to cover your tank... Seeing as you've scooped it up.

nice looking fish there. You will have people tell you either way for their tank size. Keep the rock work minimized, as mentioned make sure there are no aggressive fish and you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom