Bought a newpair of clowns today have a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jspires688

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought two black and white clowns today the largest one was in a tank with no other fish and was hosting an anemone the other was in a breeder tank full of clowns I put them in my tank at the same time and they are inseperatible I want them to host but I don't want an anemone I put them in with a very large lavender mushroom hoping they would take to it is there anything I can do to help them

You can't really dictate whether they will host anything, it's kinda hit or miss. My four used to host an elegance coral until they almost killed the coral so be careful what you wish for. :)

I'd just let nature take its course. Some people force their fish in with a coral or nem and close off the area so they are forced to be near it. I don't think that's very productive though in my opinion.

No that kind of seems mean I don't want to do that I was just hoping to find out if the fact that the one clown hosted before would better my chances

I think it improves your chances. My b&w clowns didnt host until my orange ones showed them how. LOL

It's an amazing sight to see, I have to confess. lol They really look like they are having fun. I hope you get lucky. :-D Maybe someone else has some ideas on how to improve your chances.....

I hope I do to there was an orange skunk clown today at the lfs today hosting a brain coral it was so neat how he would lay on it and snuggle like it was his blanket

My two clowns are still in QT, as long as the water is ok I wouldn't worry about them hosting a nem or anything else. I think that is for our pleasure only! I think we get to caught up what we want and not the fish. I would love to see my clowns to host but if they don't that's ok to. :)

Ya I will still like them either way I did set up a whole new tank just so I could get b&w clowns lol my cheap set up that was supposed to cost like 100 bucks is way over budget ha ha

Jspires688 said:
Ya I will still like them either way I did set up a whole new tank just so I could get b&w clowns lol my cheap set up that was supposed to cost like 100 bucks is way over budget ha ha

Lol! It's amazing what a cheap tank will cost in the long run, but what the heck!!

Good news I looked in the tank in the dark and both clowns are sleeping on my mushroom with the small clown laying on it like a bed

Congratulations.
And for anyone else that reads this. I've heard of moving the coral you want clowns to host to the spot where they sleep can encourage it.

Back
Top Bottom