breed clown fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think easy is not quite the word...to be successful research a good book like the book by joyce wilkerson clown fish. get them small one will become female and the real fun begins when they do breed raising the fry is the biggest challenge..

I bought a "guaranteed mated false percula clownfish" pair from etropicals about a year and a half ago. bought the joyce wilkerson clownfish book. followed it to a T. I did everything i couldve possibly done for that pair without having to show them myself what goes where, and still i have not seen any results. ive heard people find eggs in their tank without even trying to breed, and when i hear such news i want to smash my head in with a shovel. I've given up, but I really do love my clowns. they have such personality, i just wish i didn't spend what i spent to buy a "guaranteed mated pair".. I wish you great luck in your attempt..I still have my shovel, though, just in case.

Under major stress (such as that encountered in boxing, shipping, and acclimation to your tank), it can often take a clownfish pair a year or more to return to actively spawning. With their lifespan being over 10 years, you are just getting started gfishguy!

Hey, tell the male fish what a pimp is all about and mack the girl until she give him a baby PIMP. Dude in other words-GOOD LUCK. :kiss:

Back
Top Bottom