Breeding Clown Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dannyb

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, Hey again.

Now ive had a pair of clown fish for a while now, Since they where juvi's. One is just laying around its host anenome with a really fat chest and its a dark brown colour.

Pregnet? If so, How do i go about hatching the eggs? Put them in a floating tank? Or just leave them do there thing?

I have a pic, cant tell to much. but this is the pregnet one i think.

So if someone could tell me if there pregnet that'd be great.

img_1036836_0_476e832520bd5b2650c89f8221be1fd2.jpg

Now he/she has been lying around, But still goes after food and swims normally. and has like stretch marks on one side, They're a kinda of dark grey colour.

If they are ready to spawn, you will see both male and female vigorously cleaning a rock to lay the eggs on. Are both always together? My mated pair pretty much never leave the anemone except to eat.

Yep, thats them. When they first met, One would never let the other in the anenome, But now they wont leave each other.

this will help you.
^^ gratz on having a good paired clowns ^^
Preparations for Clownfish Fry | Breeding Clownfish

I would say yes, she is pregnet.
just leet her lay the eggs, and when the eggs r gonna hatch, they will turn silver, and at that night, the eggs will hatch about 30min~an hour after your light is out. then just follow the website direction on how to take care of the babies.
^^ good luck

dont know if your still working with these fish on this but here is a very good book on everything for breeding clownfish from buying a good pair to raising the newborns :) Amazon.com: Clownfishes (9781890087043): Joyce D. Wilkerson: Books i have this book myself and i have found it very useful i have not raised any myself as one from my pair passed away but i hope i will soon as i replaced the one that died just waiting for them to mature now :) they will soon have thier own 55 gal tank with nothing else but coral and rock so they wont be bothered :)

Back
Top Bottom