Bribo's 20 gallon rimless reef/Eventual 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yessir! They're so cool! I've wanted these guys forever and I stumbled upon the pair at a lfs a little way away. Couldn't pass them up for $40

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's a good deal indeed! I'm just a little jealous of your shrimp pair Bribo...

Thanks Paul! Idk if they stand up to that harlequin you have though :)

I dunno its two against one though. LOL. Don't the GCBS stay smaller than the rest of them? Seems like I read that somewhere. Also not a very common color one, at least in my area.

Yep smaller and nowhere near the aggression level of their bigger relatives. They've settled out in the back together

Scrimps!!!
FqsilnK.jpg

Sorry about the Coraline blocking the view

Scrimps!!!
FqsilnK.jpg

Cool! I've not see the gold ones before. May have to look into those since I'm now in the market for a shrimp.

Thanks sand dollar I love them! They're quite unique!

So I'm about to remove my sand bed. I'm losing this algae battle and I can't figure out why. I'm doing 25% weekly wcs, pulling out the algae, running phosguard, skimming and feeding 2-3 times a week

So I'm about to remove my sand bed. I'm losing this algae battle and I can't figure out why. I'm doing 25% weekly wcs, pulling out the algae, running phosguard, skimming and feeding 2-3 times a week

goodluck thats a annoying job to do, siphon lots out of possible

Scrimps!!!
FqsilnK.jpg

Wow nice scrimps! Never seen the golden ones, and it's nice that they're reef safe.

Sounds like your sandbed could be the problem, leaching nutrients. Good luck removing it!

Sorry to hear Bribo. Gonna replace the sand or go bare bottom? Good luck with your battle!

Idk if I'm taking it out yet. I did some serious algae removal today and I know I'm upgrading soon enough so I'll just wait

You could just learn to live with the algae like I do! But in all seriousness it is hard to believe you haven't been able to nail down the source of this. From the sand to the rock...how is the feeding of your NPS going? Pretty much shooting in the dark here but it is at least something.

I feed the dendro when I feed the fish. He does fine off of that. Idk I'm almost positive it's the sand. I probably will just live with it until I upgrade

Back
Top Bottom