Bribos 40 breeder! (Finally...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here he is! Eating really well and getting along just fine with the leopard.View attachment 285506View attachment 285507

I'm thinking now
1x ornate leopard wrasse
1 x mccoskers wrasse
1 x fathead anthias
1 x flame wrasse pair
1 x helfrichi Fire fish possibly (definitely not positive on this one)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Very nice choice! The flame wrasse pair is gonna set it off!

Yeah they're gonna be the last addition! Gotta save up some $$$$ lol.

Some bad news, my bigger maxima clam has pyramedial snails...I've been scrubbing them off every night and the clam still seems ok but I'm making sure I get on top of the problem before I have issues.

Some bad news, my bigger maxima clam has pyramedial snails...I've been scrubbing them off every night and the clam still seems ok but I'm making sure I get on top of the problem before I have issues.

Never had them, but Hank can tell you some stories of them! Hope the clam makes it and good luck with those snails!

Oh no! Is your wrasse going after any of them? I hope you can get them under control. Does your clam seem stressed? Is there anyway to bait and catch them with a piece of clam in a cup near your pretty clam?? I've not had to deal with them yet but I do want a clam in a few months so am worried about them and bristle worms.

She doesn't really go for them as they are usually under the clam during the day. Wrasse is also a fatty and is lazy lol. The clam still seems ok. No gaping or pinched mantle or anything. Just keeping on top of the snails.

I've never had an issue with bristle worms though.

I feel like it's time to show my lps some love so here you go!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1459027159.332270.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1459027171.636823.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1459027180.474072.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1459027188.894859.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1459027195.981806.jpg

Thanks Paul! I just love the movements of the torches and the polyps on lps. Threw in a pic of my RBTA as well lol

Growth on my sps has been stalled lately on most of them and I can't figure out why. Mag was a bit low around 1200 but I brought it back up to 1410 over the past couple days.

Other than that alk has been stable between 8.3-8.7, calcium has been 420, and phosphates are between
.04 and .07. I'm wondering if I'm running my lights to long. I have them on about 13 hours a day lol. Thinking about lowering that to about 10 hours a day. I really am not sure what else to do. The only sps that seem to be growing are my green Birdsnest and my purple bonsai is encrusting. My stupid green digi isn't even really growing...

Interesting! I would think longer lights would equal more growth, but maybe they need more rest time. I haven't started on the hard SPS yet, so can't offer any advice but hope they hit a growth spurt for you soon!

Thanks sand dollar. In good news my nem has grown a bit since I've gotten it and has gotten much redder. All my acans and euphyllia are doing awesome as well. Just want better sps growth :D

You might want to aim on dropping the phosphates down a tad too since .03 is the 'optimal' aim in our pristine reefs. Since phosphates get in the way of coral building their calcium skeletons, might be what you are seeing.

Yeah I cut the lights back to 9 hours...no clue why I had them on so long

My lights are on either 12 or 13 hours but it ramps up and down and beginning and end. The first and last hours is just some actinics though. I wouldn't cut it down all the way to 9, but it may work out. Not sure. The phosphates would be my first bet. I though you was running GFO?

I took the gfo off because polyp extension went to 0 on my acros while I had it on.

I was reading up on photo inhibition with an extended lighting period so I'm gonna see what taking it down to 9 hours does. I've tested parameters the pat 3 days and the only thing that has changed was magnesium because I dosed it. Alk has been stable at 8.2-8.3 and calcium is right around 420.

I've been reading a lot on phosphates and .04-.08 is where lots of ppl keep theirs. I'm afraid the corals will starve if I bring it down further. Ugh sps are such a pain lol

I'll be the Guinea pig for a lower light cycle! I've also started broadcast feeding the corals twice a week with reef roids. I have some bubble algae but that's it. All the hair algae is pretty much gone.

Back
Top Bottom