Bribos 40 breeder! (Finally...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ring shopping is easy. Done it a couple of times LOL. Just like picking coral for a tank. Long fingers, a cube style diamond. Stubby, a marque cut. They balance each other out and make long look shorter and stubby longer. Some like the plain jane corals and others want the Jason Fox uniques.

Haha, that's awesome Hank, where were you 3 years ago when I could of used that advice :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lol thanks hank. Before we get to off topic and she somehow sees this thread (yeah right...) I may be snagging a rose bubble tip this weekend from pacificeastaquaculture.

Lol thanks hank. Before we get to off topic and she somehow sees this thread (yeah right...) I may be snagging a rose bubble tip this weekend from pacificeastaquaculture.

Nice, what else ya getting from pea?

Yeah, you just can't get ONE thing when you order online. What else is in there?

Not ordering online ;)... I like 15 minutes away from them. They're my lfs :D. May pick up a zoa frag too

Pretty mad at myself... I moved into an apartment and didn't have the right faucet adapter for my rodi so my tank got filled with distilled and tap since I was in a rush. Just tested the tank for phosphates today as my red planet, and mind trick monti have turned poop brown and have 0 polyp extension. Phosphates are at 0.47. Ugh I'm so dumb, I shoulda known better. My red planet was the jewel of my tank and I'm now in a battle just to keep the dang thing alive :(. Gonna do a 10 gallon wc with rodi tonight and get some GFO this weekend.

Pretty mad at myself... I moved into an apartment and didn't have the right faucet adapter for my rodi so my tank got filled with distilled and tap since I was in a rush. Just tested the tank for phosphates today as my red planet, and mind trick monti have turned poop brown and have 0 polyp extension. Phosphates are at 0.47. Ugh I'm so dumb, I shoulda known better. My red planet was the jewel of my tank and I'm now in a battle just to keep the dang thing alive :(. Gonna do a 10 gallon wc with rodi tonight and get some GFO this weekend.

Oh man, that sucks. I'm sure a couple big changes will get you back on track

Have you thought about using one of the phosphate removers? I've been using red sea's nopox, which is better on nitrates than phosphate, but have been pretty content with the use of it. Basically just like vodka dosing.

Have you thought about using one of the phosphate removers? I've been using red sea's nopox, which is better on nitrates than phosphate, but have been pretty content with the use of it. Basically just like vodka dosing.

I used to vinegar dose but didn't see a big change in phosphates so I stopped. I'm probably just gonna throw some phosphate remover media in and up the skimming as the bubble magus has already pulled out half a cup of nasty. I'm probably gonna do 2 10 gallon changes this week/weekend too. Hopefully that should bring it back down.

kJUjmQm.jpg

Sorry my phone camera sucks :(

I see a bridge in the future , I remember swapping over to the 40b , I had so much room I didn't know where to put each piece of coral , gotta say it's looking good (y)
I always blamed the camera till I learned to edit . lol

Last edited:
I'm gonna leave it without a bridge. I like the 2 islands look. Also added some phosban and purigen tonight and the chaeto is growing well. I came home with a new fish too but I'll leave that til he's in the tank ;)

Good luck with the phosphates, I'm battling some algae and cyano on my sand bed. Couple large water changes coming up for me to try to get it under control before it takes over.

I like the new scape, soooo much room to work with!! No hints on the fish????

I'll give you a hint. It's is orangeish/red with a yellow ring around its eyes.

Can't wait to see the cute little guy!

Figure I'll keep him for a while until he gets to big but by that point I may have a bigger tank. I have a couple friends with 100+ systems who can definitely take him. He's pretty shy so far but hopefully tomorrow I can snap his pic!

Cutting it pretty close before someone calls the tang police. I smell another upgrade in your future.

Oh I know :). He's better off in my system then what he was in at petco. Poor fella has a split in the tail and the top part of his dorsal fin ripped a bit. I just couldn't not take him

Back
Top Bottom