Bribos 40 breeder! (Finally...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some good news. Came home from work and the cuc I got yesterday has put a hurting on the diatoms. The tanks looking much cleaner today. Combined with the kole and blenny it should all be gone this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lucky man. My kole and former blenny don't touch my red cotton candy algae.

Yeah that cotton candy algae is awful.
I'm pretty suprised my sps are recovering so fast. I mean they were poop brown but are already getting back some good color. Everyday it's a little better.

Yeah man. The tanks looking a bit better everyday. Same with polyp extension. Everything but my sunset Mille has fairly to decent polyp extension.
Hank does your tomini eat nori? My kole won't even look at it. He likes the diatoms and frozen blends I feed him but no nori.

Bristletooth tangs are odd. Unless they see other tangs eating from a clip, they don't care for it. They just aren't feeders like other tangs are. Rubberband that nori to a rock and see what happens.

Bristletooth tangs are odd. Unless they see other tangs eating from a clip, they don't care for it. They just aren't feeders like other tangs are. Rubberband that nori to a rock and see what happens.

I tried that and still no. Hmm maybe he'll go for it eventually

Got a orange clown fish and skunk cleaner today!
On a side note my tang is super special lol. Likes to stare his reflection down all day long.

Nothing to crazy to report today. Sps are still coloring up and the new clown is hosting my torch coral. Just bidding my time til macna

Got a orange clown fish and skunk cleaner today!
On a side note my tang is super special lol. Likes to stare his reflection down all day long.

Woohooo! Congrats on the new Clownfish and Skunk Cleaner Shrimp; two of my favorite creatures for saltwater tanks! Enjoy...Ican't wait to see pictures of the new guys! :dance:

Woohooo! Congrats on the new Clownfish and Skunk Cleaner Shrimp; two of my favorite creatures for saltwater tanks! Enjoy...Ican't wait to see pictures of the new guys! :dance:

Thanks red sea!

Unfortunately I found the new clown dead in the overflow today though :(. I think my other clown got to him overnight. He was a lot smaller than her :(. I'll have to get a bigger guy when I try again. Shrimp is doing fantastic though! Can't get a pic as he's setup shop in the back of the tank for now

I hate when they hide like that , my red coris wrasse was a hider till he discovered he had a nice size swimming area , he has some incredible colors on him ,
sorry to hear about the clown hope you have better luck this time around ,
here's a thought do you have a QT tank remove your clown for like a day or so rearrange the rocks some than add them both in together it will probably make things easier on both you and the fish

Thanks red sea!

Unfortunately I found the new clown dead in the overflow today though :(. I think my other clown got to him overnight. He was a lot smaller than her :(. I'll have to get a bigger guy when I try again. Shrimp is doing fantastic though! Can't get a pic as he's setup shop in the back of the tank for now

Sorry to hear about the loss, bribo. I lost the second Clown I added to my 29g Cube. Not sure if it was due to the first one I had, but if I had to guess, I may have said it was. Maybe mine were too close in size?

I'm happy to gear about your shrimp doing well! Haha, mine has that same setup in the back of the tank. They know we want to look at them, don't they? So they decide to tease us and setup shop in the back! :lol:

I hate when they hide like that , my red coris wrasse was a hider till he discovered he had a nice size swimming area , he has some incredible colors on him ,
sorry to hear about the clown hope you have better luck this time around ,
here's a thought do you have a QT tank remove your clown for like a day or so rearrange the rocks some than add them both in together it will probably make things easier on both you and the fish

Unfortunately I do not and rearranging isn't an option with the corals attached to the rocks. I honestly just think he was to small.

Sorry to hear about the loss, bribo. I lost the second Clown I added to my 29g Cube. Not sure if it was due to the first one I had, but if I had to guess, I may have said it was. Maybe mine were too close in size?

I'm happy to gear about your shrimp doing well! Haha, mine has that same setup in the back of the tank. They know we want to look at them, don't they? So they decide to tease us and setup shop in the back! :lol:

Thanks red sea. It always stinks losing a fish but yeah the shrimp is great! Haha they know so they hide

I cannot for the life of me figure out why my red planet seems to be receding still. It is occurring underneath the coral atm. I cannot tell if it's still occurring but a good chunk from underneath the main branches has receded. I'm stumped because all the other sps are fine now. Even my Hawkins is growing again... I'm really worried about it as this is my favorite coral and has been through heck and back with me!

Alk is stable at 10. Calcium-400, mag-1350. No trates and phosphates are down to .08. This coral has been through red bugs, a mag spike, alk swings. The whole 9 yards so I'm really confused. I'll try to get a pick of the receded area tomorrow. It is hard to tell though if it has stopped or not though as it seemed to be a tiny bit each day. Grr

Well my kessil a160 just stopped working...ughhhhh

Yep the ballast isn't working.

Back
Top Bottom