Bribos 40 breeder! (Finally...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah he's still super shy but is starting to dart in and out of the rocks.

I also realized I have tons of tiny chitons in my tank as I took a flashlight after lights out and they are everywhere!!! Pretty cool and have no idea where they came from. I never noticed them when I had my 20 gallon. They are all over my sump as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Awesome clam Brian. By the way, mine is hanging in there too. ? Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks guys I do love my clams! Some other updates:
Leopard wrasse is such a fatty! Eats anything I put in the tank!! The fathead is slowly adjusting, she ate but is still really shy.

Clams are doing fantastic as well as my Rbta who has decided to inch closer to my green slimer lol. But it seems to have stopped there. Most of my algae is dying back and my sps growth is really starting to take off with the kalk being added to my ato.

Thanks guys I do love my clams! Some other updates:
Leopard wrasse is such a fatty! Eats anything I put in the tank!! The fathead is slowly adjusting, she ate but is still really shy.

Clams are doing fantastic as well as my Rbta who has decided to inch closer to my green slimer lol. But it seems to have stopped there. Most of my algae is dying back and my sps growth is really starting to take off with the kalk being added to my ato.

I've been thinking of dosing kalk in my ato as well. Can't you only use the middle layer once it's mixed or am I thinking of something different?

Yeah it separates into 3 parts. A solid precipitate on the bottom, a clear liquid that you use and then a film on top

I've been thinking of dosing kalk in my ato as well. Can't you only use the middle layer once it's mixed or am I thinking of something different?

The bottom and top layers that Bri is talking about are very thin. The middle layer of mixed solution is pretty large. When I had my SW tank setup I used an aqualifter to dose/topoff and I kept the line going into the bucket about 3" off the bottom of the bucket to keep from sucking up any of the precipitate.

You need to make sure you monitor you pH if you decide to go this route it can cause a pH drop if you aren't careful. Once you have it balanced and using it for topoff via a float switch you are good to go.

The bottom and top layers that Bri is talking about are very thin. The middle layer of mixed solution is pretty large. When I had my SW tank setup I used an aqualifter to dose/topoff and I kept the line going into the bucket about 3" off the bottom of the bucket to keep from sucking up any of the precipitate.

You need to make sure you monitor you pH if you decide to go this route it can cause a pH drop if you aren't careful. Once you have it balanced and using it for topoff via a float switch you are good to go.

OK thanks guys!

I've finally decided on a final stock for this tank!!!

1x Ornate Leopard Wrasse (already have)
1x Fathead Anthias (already have)
1x Black Cap Basslett
1x Helfrichi fire fish
2x Flame Wrasse (M/F pair)

I've finally decided on a final stock for this tank!!!

1x Ornate Leopard Wrasse (already have)
1x Fathead Anthias (already have)
1x Black Cap Basslett
1x Helfrichi fire fish
2x Flame Wrasse (M/F pair)

Sounds like a very nice stock indeed! The black cap will be a very cool choice. I know you loved your royal gramma.

Sounds like a very nice stock indeed! The black cap will be a very cool choice. I know you loved your royal gramma.

Yeah I'm not 100% on the black cap. I may just get another Royal gramma instead but idk. I need to make a top for the tank as the fire fish and flame wrasses are jumpers

Great selection! I love the pictures of the helfrichi firefish but when I've seen them in person at the store they don't look nearly as colorful/everything looks muted or pale. Is this just stress and they color up or are some of the photos edited??

As far as wrasses, I love your ornate leopard. Would it have any problems with a possum wrasse? What about other wrasses like the fairies or flashers? I think they are all peaceful but wasn't sure how they would be towards other wrasses/if they would all want to occupy the same part of the tank.

Great selection! I love the pictures of the helfrichi firefish but when I've seen them in person at the store they don't look nearly as colorful/everything looks muted or pale. Is this just stress and they color up or are some of the photos edited??

As far as wrasses, I love your ornate leopard. Would it have any problems with a possum wrasse? What about other wrasses like the fairies or flashers? I think they are all peaceful but wasn't sure how they would be towards other wrasses/if they would all want to occupy the same part of the tank.

Probably just stress. They look really good when acclimated.

As far as leopards with other wrasses they usually do ok but you can always get that one that's a butt head.

Well came home with a beautiful mccoskers wrasse yesterday so that changes stocking a little lol!

Here he is! Eating really well and getting along just fine with the leopard.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457998617.889562.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457998630.727734.jpg

I'm thinking now
1x ornate leopard wrasse
1 x mccoskers wrasse
1 x fathead anthias
1 x flame wrasse pair
1 x helfrichi Fire fish possibly (definitely not positive on this one)

Back
Top Bottom