Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 09-30-2011, 10:13 AM   #1301
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Weston, WI
Posts: 1,632
Oh me oh my what fishies can I?

I'm trying to figure out what to get first and whether to get pairs or not and if the ones I like would be compatible.

Elegant/Purple Fire Fish (Nemateleotris Decora)
Bartlett's Anthias (Pseudanthias Bartlettorum)
Coral Beauty Angelfish (Centropyge bispinosa)
Lemonpeel Angelfish (Centropyge flavissima)
Gold Maroon Clownfish (Premnas biaculeatus)
Blue Mandarin (Synchiropus splendidus)
Scott's Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus scottorum)
Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus rubrimarginatus)
McCosker's Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus mccoskeri)
Six Line Wrasse (Pseudocheilinus hexataenia)
Four Line Wrasse (Pseudocheilinus tetrataenia)
Indigo Dottyback (Pseudochromis fridmani x sankeyi)
Half Black Mimic (TangAcanthurus pyroferus )
Chocolate Tang (Acanthurus pyroferus)
Rainbow Wrasse (Thalassoma quinquevittatum)
Blue Sided Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus cyanopleura)
Royal Pencil Wrasse (Pseudojuloides severnsi)
Velvet Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus luteovittatus)
Lineatus Fairy Wrasse( Cirrhilabrus linneatus)


CUC
Banded Coral Shrimp, Blue (Stenopus tenuirostris)
Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis)
Peppermint Shrimp (Lysmata wurdemanni)
More Snails but I don't know how many or what ones.


Anyone care to help narrow my list? I know I can't get all these LOL.
__________________

__________________
75 Gallon Saltwater Reef;

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #1302
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Weston, WI
Posts: 1,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
Im sorry buffy, I can't get the pic to show up, and not to promote my thread but I did post te pic 2-3 pages back on my threaif you still wanna see him
Thanks for trying, I'll go to your thread, think I'm already "subscribed" anyway LOL. Don't worry, you're not promoting LOL, you're telling me where to find the pics. Thanks again. I got alot of threads to catch up on.
__________________

__________________
75 Gallon Saltwater Reef;

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #1303
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
I'm trying to figure out what to get first and whether to get pairs or not and if the ones I like would be compatible.

Elegant/Purple Fire Fish (Nemateleotris Decora)
Bartlett's Anthias (Pseudanthias Bartlettorum)
Coral Beauty Angelfish (Centropyge bispinosa)
Lemonpeel Angelfish (Centropyge flavissima)
Gold Maroon Clownfish (Premnas biaculeatus)
Blue Mandarin (Synchiropus splendidus)
Scott's Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus scottorum)
Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus rubrimarginatus)
McCosker's Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus mccoskeri)
Six Line Wrasse (Pseudocheilinus hexataenia)
Four Line Wrasse (Pseudocheilinus tetrataenia)
Indigo Dottyback (Pseudochromis fridmani x sankeyi)
Half Black Mimic (TangAcanthurus pyroferus )
Chocolate Tang (Acanthurus pyroferus)
Rainbow Wrasse (Thalassoma quinquevittatum)
Blue Sided Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus cyanopleura)
Royal Pencil Wrasse (Pseudojuloides severnsi)
Velvet Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus luteovittatus)
Lineatus Fairy Wrasse( Cirrhilabrus linneatus)


CUC
Banded Coral Shrimp, Blue (Stenopus tenuirostris)
Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis)
Peppermint Shrimp (Lysmata wurdemanni)
More Snails but I don't know how many or what ones.


Anyone care to help narrow my list? I know I can't get all these LOL.

Quite the list there buffy! LOL

You know to wait on the mandarin and I would wait on the angel fish and the anthias as well. And you also should only have one angel fish so pick the one you like the most.

I think as far as the others go you should pick two or so and go with it.
__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #1304
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
kurtyboh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Posts: 1,413
Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy
I'm trying to figure out what to get first and whether to get pairs or not and if the ones I like would be compatible.

Elegant/Purple Fire Fish (Nemateleotris Decora)
Bartlett's Anthias (Pseudanthias Bartlettorum)
Coral Beauty Angelfish (Centropyge bispinosa)
Lemonpeel Angelfish (Centropyge flavissima)
Gold Maroon Clownfish (Premnas biaculeatus)
Blue Mandarin (Synchiropus splendidus)
Scott's Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus scottorum)
Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus rubrimarginatus)
McCosker's Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus mccoskeri)
Six Line Wrasse (Pseudocheilinus hexataenia)
Four Line Wrasse (Pseudocheilinus tetrataenia)
Indigo Dottyback (Pseudochromis fridmani x sankeyi)
Half Black Mimic (TangAcanthurus pyroferus )
Chocolate Tang (Acanthurus pyroferus)
Rainbow Wrasse (Thalassoma quinquevittatum)
Blue Sided Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus cyanopleura)
Royal Pencil Wrasse (Pseudojuloides severnsi)
Velvet Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus luteovittatus)
Lineatus Fairy Wrasse( Cirrhilabrus linneatus)

CUC
Banded Coral Shrimp, Blue (Stenopus tenuirostris)
Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis)
Peppermint Shrimp (Lysmata wurdemanni)
More Snails but I don't know how many or what ones.

Anyone care to help narrow my list? I know I can't get all these LOL.
Purple firefish!!!
And i agree i enjoy pretty much all the fairy wrasses
__________________
kurtyboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #1305
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Weston, WI
Posts: 1,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Quite the list there buffy! LOL

You know to wait on the mandarin and I would wait on the angel fish and the anthias as well. And you also should only have one angel fish so pick the one you like the most.

I think as far as the others go you should pick two or so and go with it.
Yep I knew to wait on the mandarin and angel too, didn't know to wait on anthias. Figured only one angel but didn't know which would be "more" compatible.

You mean 2 of each of the others or 2 other fish total?

Doing more research and found there are more goby's I like. So I need to do a process of elimination. First to go would be the least compatible. Same with the wrasses. Gosh I don't know what to do LMAO. So can I have like all the wrasses and goby's on my list and well maybe 2 other goby's I saw that aren't listed and of course the firefish cause it's a goby too hehehe and later the coral beauty angelfish and the dotty back and half black mimic tang or chocolate tang (not both, don't think I can).

So mostly my tank would end up being "Buffy's Goby/Wrasse Tank" a scattering of other "gotta haves" instead of a mixed reef. LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtyboh View Post
Purple firefish!!!
And i agree i enjoy pretty much all the fairy wrasses
I know I know, I'm sooooooo wanting them all.

I really really really want the Picasso Triggerfish and the Blonde Naso Tang but am pretty sure my tank is too small for them.


Egg Crate from Home Depot ok to keep these little buggers inside? Also I'm thinking of starting maybe with danggggggggggg I don't know lmao. Can't decide, goby, fire, or wrasse or which and how many. Help!!!!!!!! lmao oh jeez and I'm still struggling not to buy all the dang corals and stuff too.
__________________
75 Gallon Saltwater Reef;

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #1306
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Weston, WI
Posts: 1,632
Do the goby's need to be qt'd also, like the Yellow Watchman and Yellow Nose Prawn or the Rainfordi Goby which are not on that list lmao.
__________________
75 Gallon Saltwater Reef;

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #1307
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
huma-huma's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: washington Pa
Posts: 5,257
Picasso is a no, not so much because of size, but more because of the aggression, your wrasses wont fair well with a trigger mine actually killed our pink face wrasse within hours of buying him. also cant remember if its been mentioned but the MaY clown is one of the most aggressive clown. its ok to have 1 or 2 of them but im not sure if you can mix them with say a b&w or ocellaris..
__________________
my 125g Sw...Round 2!http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...220171-33.html
ever see someone cut a 125g in half??
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...-286438-4.html
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:03 PM   #1308
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,322
Trigger fish are very cool and easy to keep. They warrant their own tank in my opinion. They are smart and true wrecking machines. Some keep them in reefs, but I would say it is not a great idea as they do bite stuff and will dismantle shrimp in an instant.
Pick one species of clown fish and stick to it. Your tank is way too small to host multiple varieties, or even multiple morphs of clown fish. I would get a pair of plain ocellaris, one slightly larger than the other.
6 line wrasse, canary wrasse, many varieties to choose from and they tend to get along okay.
A cleaner goby is a standard, so are fire fish, but the different varieties of fire fish do not get along well at all.
__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #1309
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Weston, WI
Posts: 1,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
Picasso is a no, not so much because of size, but more because of the aggression, your wrasses wont fair well with a trigger mine actually killed our pink face wrasse within hours of buying him. also cant remember if its been mentioned but the MaY clown is one of the most aggressive clown. its ok to have 1 or 2 of them but im not sure if you can mix them with say a b&w or ocellaris..
I know they are a no no :-( but I still want one lol. Yes it's been mentioned about the maroon clowns, but I'm still gonna get them. I'm not gonna get them til I can get two as a pair. I don't want any other clowns with them, if I get other clowns they will go in a different tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
Trigger fish are very cool and easy to keep. They warrant their own tank in my opinion. They are smart and true wrecking machines. Some keep them in reefs, but I would say it is not a great idea as they do bite stuff and will dismantle shrimp in an instant.
Pick one species of clown fish and stick to it. Your tank is way too small to host multiple varieties, or even multiple morphs of clown fish. I would get a pair of plain ocellaris, one slightly larger than the other.
6 line wrasse, canary wrasse, many varieties to choose from and they tend to get along okay.
A cleaner goby is a standard, so are fire fish, but the different varieties of fire fish do not get along well at all.
See above LOL, I don't think I mentioned getting multiple kinds of clown fish. I am only going to have the maroon's in my 75.

I kinda figured that on the fire fish, but wasn't sure, I'm still checking. I don't want 2 of every fish I buy but I don't want just one "color" of that fish either LOL. Gotsta do more research on that.

I'm thinking of starting with wrasses, firefish or goby's. I don't want to overstock nor do I want to add to much at once. I figure once I decide what I'm gonna get, I will start with that, then after they go in the tank, get another one or two (one if I only get one of that kind and 2 at a time if I get a pair) and qt those. So that pretty much I will have qt fish going for a little bit. I'm not buy wrasses and firefish and goby's at the same time. Gonna buy one kind qt, when that goes display, then buy another and qt and so forth. I'm thinking that after the 3 kinds mentioned then waiting awhile, and only add some snails and stuff while I'm getting my first fish going and also a coral here and there.
__________________
75 Gallon Saltwater Reef;

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:21 AM   #1310
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
huma-huma's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: washington Pa
Posts: 5,257
Ok just wasn't sure my son LOVES our MaY clown...that's the only reason we still have him. Can't complain though because when you turn the moonlights on, he looks like a b&w ..
__________________

__________________
my 125g Sw...Round 2!http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...220171-33.html
ever see someone cut a 125g in half??
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...-286438-4.html
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New 1st Build speckrb Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR 4 05-14-2010 04:12 PM
MY 1st reef tank juice28 Members Saltwater Tanks Showcase 16 04-26-2009 03:23 AM
Nano Tank for Reef Only, Trying Corals for th 1st time Christine22780 Nano Reefs 5 08-01-2008 01:08 PM
1st reef tank 55 gallon help please manny09 Saltwater & Reef - Identification 17 01-08-2007 07:02 AM
1st Marine tank: 55g reef. Couple questions... with pics Greyhaven7 Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 1 09-19-2005 08:48 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.