Buffy's 1st Ever SW Build - Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have one word for that surgery: OUCH!!! But then i have 2 shot knees (both needing surgery)and a left foot with mid joint arthritis w/cyst complication...wwweeeeeee;)

Hi everyone. I haven't done much. Its starting to go downhill. I've been so out of it that I feed, add water and turn the lights on and off. My lights all need replacing, corals are all starting to close up because of that. I gotta get it back up there, can barely see through the glass. It is just a struggle to do anything anymore....most of the time. Well I made it back to the forum finally and now to get some bulbs or switch to led ASAP. Suggestions? All 6 bulbs need replacing BAD. Fixture is 6 bulb crap, I am at work and I forgot what my light fixture is lol. Par for the course these days. Oh Nova Extreme I think.

I'd say either get your local fish store to take care of the tank if they do that, or take it down. If its too much, it's too much. Sorry if that sounds harsh, it's not supposed to be.

Nope, but thanks for suggestion.

48" tank = What does everybody suggest for led's at a decent price? Nothing outrageous.

I had a black version of those, very powerful, got the job done. I'd recommend them.
Got these, should be here betweenv16th and 23rd. How high should I place these above 21" deep tank?

Now to figure out how to rig my pully system to hold these, look nice and not drill anymore holes in my ceiling.

Got these, should be here betweenv16th and 23rd. How high should I place these above 21" deep tank?

Now to figure out how to rig my pully system to hold these, look nice and not drill anymore holes in my ceiling.

How long is it? My 3ft tank needed them 12" above it so it didn't fry everything even with it dimmed and for even exposure. Mine is 16" deep.

I dealt with the same problem, just say you like the industrial look ;)

Also, make sure you transition them slowly. This will add a ton of light to the tank, make sure to slowly raise the dimmer over the course of a month. Nobody wants photo inhibition.

8-12 inches above the water surface and be sure to dim them as they are very bright. I was shocked when i first turned mine on. :eek:

If you find a happy medium for whites and blues let me know. I've had these lights for like 2 months and I had them at 40% and 40%. Couldn't keep 2 birdsnest colorful. They both bleached. Dropped them down to 30% and 30% and everything else is still fine but they never got back color I have them 8" above my 55 gallon tank. They were halfway up the tank.

I had to run the whites at 10 % the blues at 30 started to increase slowly by 10% every two weeks Most of my SPS set on the sand bed and lights are at 80% white 100% blue

So do you think that I should turn the whites down to 10% (the first dot) on each unit and leave the blues at 30% (the third dot)?

Caint hurt I still have more blue than white My birdsnest's were bleaching at first under 30% Now they seem happy, it took a while though

I do not mind. I am reading and learning too. I am waiting for my lights to get here.

My parameters are all off. I can't get my skimmer dialed in. It changes so much when I top off. It either drips soooo slow or it over flows and gets my cabinet soaked and carpet wet too.

Am slowly geting my life on track. With everything that has gone to crap, I hate to say this but the tank was the least of my worries. Had lawyer appt for workers comp stuff (I am fighting it-1 day in hospital and they want 36, 000 dollars from me cause insurances are not paying) That doesn't include xrays ct scqns and appts since Feb last year. Grr. Finally have roof appt this week...storm damage there and the floor rotted by patio door so now if you are not careful patio door comes out on top of you when you open or close it (I found that by the floor giving way under the carpet when I stepped on it). That comes before winter and after my tank. Gotta find a contractor and money for that. I think the last few years of bad luck should be done. (Saving my harrassment case for when I retire so I can keep my job, big junk of change if I can get my back pay when that happens). Sorry for ranting needed to vent but also to let you all know I have not given up on my saltwater tank. I just have to try to fix it and get everyone happy and growing. I have lost enough animals and spent too much on these beautiful creatures to give up now and I think my biggest problem right now is that my lights are real old like almost 2 years old. Whew done now so you all can close your eyes and give them a break from all the reading. Lol

Hope this loads, I took it with my tablet camera.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130717_170925.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130717_170925.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 103
Back
Top Bottom