Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #1691
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
Yeah he may already be moved over...

Old 12-24-2011, 10:02 PM   #1692
Aquarium Advice Addict

MIA is now IA

WOOT WOOT, Yep he was in the 55. He must have hitched a ride on a rock lol, thank goodness he didn't fall off when the rock was between the tanks.

I searched that 55 gal 6 or 7 times too. LOL, this last time I looked and he came out to do our staring contest. I swear I didn't think I'd be that attached but my heart did a flip flop when I saw him and I almost had a tear but instead I said "Hot ****, there's my baby" and 2 dogs just looked at me, so silly as it sounds, I'm thinking they thought I looked silly too. LMAO

I also searched out and found my Peppermint Shrimp. I moved him but well that move wasn't so uhmmmm gentle, cause he was hopping around so he kinda went splash before the net hit the water.

So the move was successful so far. I will be posting pics in a little while. I kinda like the tank on the floor, didn't realize I was laying on the floor on my belly, flashlight, camera and magnifying glass in hand for almost 2 HOURS. LOL

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #1693
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy
WOOT WOOT, Yep he was in the 55. He must have hitched a ride on a rock lol, thank goodness he didn't fall off when the rock was between the tanks.

I searched that 55 gal 6 or 7 times too. LOL, this last time I looked and he came out to do our staring contest. I swear I didn't think I'd be that attached but my heart did a flip flop when I saw him and I almost had a tear but instead I said "Hot ****, there's my baby" and 2 dogs just looked at me, so silly as it sounds, I'm thinking they thought I looked silly too. LMAO

I also searched out and found my Peppermint Shrimp. I moved him but well that move wasn't so uhmmmm gentle, cause he was hopping around so he kinda went splash before the net hit the water.

So the move was successful so far. I will be posting pics in a little while. I kinda like the tank on the floor, didn't realize I was laying on the floor on my belly, flashlight, camera and magnifying glass in hand for almost 2 HOURS. LOL
That's great!
Old 12-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #1694
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
Glad to hear hes ok
Old 12-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #1695
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pictures

Ok, here are some pictures of the 55 gallon. Everyone still seems good.

Full tank shot on floor in front of tv

Kaurdern's Cardinal

Hard Coco Worm

Purple Firefish

Spotted Cardinal

Brain Favites

Unknown--Fan Worm?

Upside-down Snail - Can these turn themselves back over?

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 12-25-2011, 11:11 PM   #1696
Aquarium Advice Addict

Few ??'s

In the previous post, does the Favite Brain Coral look "bleached" to anyone, it's been the same since I got it, I thought the "red" would darken up some.

Anyone know what kind of fan worm that is, the red one?

Are snails able right themselves?

Forgot to post this pic.....What is coming out of the Elegance's mouth?

Lastly, I have to get a few things done, then I'll post pics of my Ricordia's and Polyps that are in qt. I'd like input on these. I may not get to post them for a few hours yet. Thanks everyone.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:26 PM   #1697
Aquarium Advice Addict

Most snails can right themselves. The only ones that I'm aware of that can't are Astraeas. (sp?)

By the way, can't wait for the poylps and rics.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #1698
Aquarium Advice Addict

Grrr

Grrr, ever since I started this hobby, it's been one frustration after another with plumbing. When I first filled the tank with tap water and the faucet quit, then the toilet. Now after 6 months I'm still trying to finish the toilet. A 4-5 hour job is taking me months, and now I have to go to the store AGAIN.

I need this bathroom for my fishkeeping hobby. Grrr.

Sorry off topic, I just need to vent so friggen bad. Frustrated so bad, I can't think straight (not that I could normally).

Off to home depot, menards or somewhere for MORE plumbing parts that I've already bought 3 or 4 times. Grrrr.:ban ghead:

Old 12-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #1699
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Good luck Buffy! I know you'll get it done, well, eventually anyways. LOL
Old 12-26-2011, 09:59 PM   #1700
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Good luck Buffy! I know you'll get it done, well, eventually anyways. LOL
Yep, eventually. Just wondering if I'm gonna lose my sanity first.

Tonite the 75 gallon is sitting on the floor near the bathroom that needs to quit giving me a hard time so I can clean the 75. The old stand will be moved shortly, vacuumed and the new stand put in it's place.

Then back to the bathroom and hope I can finally get it done after another 1 1/2 hours at the hardware store. Then I can clean the 75 and put it back on stand and then center my light and drill.

After that I get to take the 75 gallon off, move the stand out of the way and work on hanging the lights, except there is 75 feet of insulation and very narrow beams to cross so I can put a brace in. Still haven't figured out how I'm gonna carry everything while I crab crawl across beams. Can't step between or I'll end up in my hall or living room.

When all that is done, I can put the stand back, put the tank back and commence putting it all back together and then add my corals from the qt tank.

Project to be done after all the above.....Build sump/fuge and/or algae scrubber. I love my tank but jeez why does it have to involve plumbing....I hate plumbing.

Hi Ho Hi Ho, I just got tired thinking bout all that I gotta do LOL, Don't see dishes, laundry, or eating in that list do you? I don't...lmao

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com