Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-29-2012, 04:57 AM   #1831
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
Mine had lost his whole crown and 2 weeks later a larger one popped right out!

Awesome !!!!!!!!!!

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:03 AM   #1832
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

Awesome !!!!!!!!!!
Yep here he is

Old 01-29-2012, 05:05 AM   #1833
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
Yep here he is
That's cool. You know...by looking at these things, I'd would never have thought they are worms LOL.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 01-29-2012, 05:25 AM   #1834
Aquarium Advice Newbie

how to test for chlorine

your lps should have a test kit for it however personally I don't feel it is necessary next 10% water change (once a week) add your dechlorinator with it(found at lps). If you just dechlorinate I haven't heard of anything bad happening weather you have chlorine or not. By doing this you can just skip the step of weather or not you have it and just buy the 3 dollar bottle( I think that's what I paid for dechlorinator anyways).
Old 01-29-2012, 05:28 AM   #1835
Aquarium Advice Newbie

page two

I think this question was already answered I forgot to check for additional pages for this thread. Sorry am new to the forums!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #1836
Aquarium Advice Addict

on YouTube, I was watching an episode of mrsaltwatertank. It was about Tds and what Effects it. It was said that water conditioner should NOT be used because of the high Tds reading. Obviously rodi is the best way to go but is it really just plain tap or rodi/distiller water?
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #1837
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
on YouTube, I was watching an episode of mrsaltwatertank. It was about Tds and what Effects it. It was said that water conditioner should NOT be used because of the high Tds reading. Obviously rodi is the best way to go but is it really just plain tap or rodi/distiller water?
Depending on where your city gets its water, tap can be okay or suicide. Short term, you can get away with anything. Fish only is also less critical, but if you are doing a reef, I think using RO/DI water is a basic requirement and should be part of the plan from the start. Why have all this equipment to reduce organics and start off with tap water loaded with it?
Old 01-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #1838
Aquarium Advice Addict

I totally agree. At first, I used tap and had a bad diatom issue. I now use rodi and have no algae issues so far.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #1839
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow that topic was risen from the dead LOL, but still good auxillaryspade, jump in with whatever questions you have no matter what they are AND

Welcome to the forum.

Am not sure you want to follow this thread because of it's "many" set backs....they might confuse you if you are new to sw, cause hey I'm still confused. However....you are more than welcome to tag along, just be sure to laugh along too (bring lotsa butter for the popcorn lol)

I am using ro/di water. I started with tap, used the conditioner. Carey said it was ok to start cause I wanted to dump it and start over, and she's right you can use tap and the conditioners to START with but you really really need an ro/di water filter. So when you get one you can then replace your tap water in your tank with pwc's of like 10% weekly. I still dumped it all out and started again though lol.

That was in June.July..IDK, but as of right now my 75Gallon is EMPTY AGAIN. Starting over again. I got a new stand, transferred things out to a temp home but looks like they are not getting back in anytime soon. Was filling and then broke a thermometer.

By the way everyone I am kinda glad I did empty, as I found 3 more good sized pieces of glass and 1 small one. Back breaking to sift all of that, but I have piece of mind that I got out as much as I could. If I did nothing I would have kept right on worrying.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #1840
Aquarium Advice Addict

When do you think you'll fill it up again? I also think it was a good idea to empty.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com