Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #2211
Aquarium Advice Addict

Buffy, Norma Rae.

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #2212
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottayy View Post
It's a little tricky at first. You don't really have to match it. The outlet flow is most important. Just adjust it and wait a little bit to see where the water level settles. However fast the return pump pumps out is how fast the overflow is going to bring it back in (unless you're maxing out your overflow).
The u-tube in my overflow came with 2 black foam filters, I took one out, maybe I'll take the other out and see if that is what is happening. Thanks, maybe I was maxing out the overflow with that foam filter in, I'll let you know.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #2213
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Buffy, Norma Rae.
You know her huh? LOL, seems like I am another her at times. I got just one question..........................How many friggen tears are there before they finally dry up and go away????????????? Friggen waterfalls never stop it seems. I don't know how to fight back without losing everything I've worked all my life for...ie my house, car, job. I've come so far in my life and I've had to start over a few times, I don't want to do that again.

Maybe I should go watch the movie again and draw some of Sally's strength, she's a very good actress.

Anywhoo, thank you for the support.

Back to aquarium.....my carpenter is coming over cause now with the tank full, I can't get the center brace in and the pull out shelf doesn't work right with the skimmer in the way. I'm thinking he's gonna shorten the shelf for me.

I should post some pictures but I'm just never in the mood lol.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 08-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #2214
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Buffy, Norma Rae.

Psst, what was the name of that union busting movie anyway, I forget.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #2215
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, foam prefilters are useless in my opinion on the overflows if you're using a filter sock. Just watch the water level on the teeth of the overflow. If it's not going over the top of the teeth you're not maxing it out.
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:52 AM   #2216
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your journey seems like way more hassle than fun.
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:33 AM   #2217
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottayy View Post
Your journey seems like way more hassle than fun.

+1 Bingo, you hit the nail right on the head :-(

Old 08-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #2218
Aquarium Advice Addict

If your not having fun, you going to need to change something. It may mean more automation, Like an ato, auto water changer, autofeeder, whatever you need. Or it may mean you need to step it down, less delicate corals, more softies, stuff like that. There's just no reason to do this stuff if you know your not liking it, doesn't make sense.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #2219
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
Psst, what was the name of that union busting movie anyway, I forget.
Norma Rae Trailer - YouTube

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #2220
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell View Post
If your not having fun, you going to need to change something. It may mean more automation, Like an ato, auto water changer, autofeeder, whatever you need. Or it may mean you need to step it down, less delicate corals, more softies, stuff like that. There's just no reason to do this stuff if you know your not liking it, doesn't make sense.
True, right now I can't auto anything. At least I still enjoy LOOKING at my little mess though.

I just have too much going on at work that has beaten me so far down it has affected my whole life but I'm only gonna be down for the moment. I'll kick back just is gonna take some strength which I don't have yet.

Tags
build, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com