Originally Posted by scottayy
You will learn your sump lol it just takes a little bit of time. You will probably end up having to mod your overflow drain pipe to make it quieter.
Sounds like you're right. I'm afraid to add any more water but my return pump keeps sucking the chamber down til it sucks air/water combination. My overflow is only half full and the level is almost (and I mean almost) touching the black lip of the tank. I have holes in the return but none in the overflow so questions:
1. Is the water supposed to "fill" both sides of the overflow?
2. Is anyone using the foam inside the overflow that's is sitting over the drain pipe inside the overflow (hope that made sense)?
3. The foam is getting dirty and if I remove it I will lose the 1/2 filled contained I have and the syphon also. Is anyone else's getting gobbed up?
4. I can maintain level just above the skimmer pump chamber and the fuge chamber but not the return pump chamber, what can I do to correct that?
5. My skimmer that is dumping into the fuge is splashing all over and making the sand go everywhere, what can I do to stop that?
Here are some test results between last night and today. Tell me what you think, a few are out of whack, like my salinity (wooooaaaa). (got that way cause I added straight ro
to the sump and should have mixed it up.
Specific Gravity 1.018
Nitrate 160 (gotta whole lot of hair algae and diatoms inside sand going on.
I'm doing water changes, got the skimmer running, trying to manually remove algae as I can, what else can I do.
All fish are ok except can't find one...not worried yet cause he disappears for a week or so, losing inverts (snails,3 more emeralds...i hear they don't like bad water but I was trying to use them to clean up.
Am getting some gunk from skimmer but then it just started.
Sorry so long but as you can see I'm trying to get this act together, oh and by the way the majority of my corals that are in a 10 gallon tank, others couldn't be moved and are 2 are slowly deterioring.
Help if you can/want, I appreciate the following and the support ya'll have given me, sorry for my moods lately, they are still there but am slowly handling them better.
P.S. Can't test for phosphate as I can't find my reagents, and I don't have any close by and am not gonna pay 35.00 for shipping for that and I can't afford much more.
I just bought a couple of fish, 2 corals (all to be qt'd) because I believe when qt is over this mess should be straighted out, especially with ya'lls help).
Thanks again for reading.